• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fabio Capello to remain England manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabio Capello to remain England manager

Good, I say.

Would have been criminal if he carried the can.

(Good write up here of Englands exit).

Nothing succeeds like success.

I agree with the decision. I think he has to take some of the blame for the failure in SA, but ultimately the team wasn't good enough, and he seem to be the best option for taking us forward.

Good article BTW.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The FA will live to regret that. When he fails again they will be the ones that get the blame.

And I think Capello is an outstanding manager and you are very lucky to have him.

Comment

I hope he sacks all the stars, starting with that overated twunt Terry, and starts again.

Keep just Gerrard and Rooney of the current lot.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Right decision to keep Fabio. Swapping him would have been akin to requesting a new pump for the Titanic.
          And yes, Terry should never play for England again..............militant peabrain!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I hope he sacks all the stars, starting with that overated twunt Terry, and starts again.
            OK - Hands up... I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Keep just Gerrard and Rooney of the current lot.
              Fully agree about Terry. I think Gerrard may have had his day for England TBH. And I say that as a Liverpool fan.

I think we need to look to rebuild and qualify for the Euros with younger players forming the backbone of the team and playing together regularly. Sure, we'll need a few experienced players in the mix as well, but I reckon maybe three or four of the older guys who went to SA can really justify displacing their younger counterparts, and they'll all need understudies.

I would give Joe Hart a regular birth, Rooney obviously although a break might do him good, and Milner and Dawson have to be given a proper run in the side. Other than that I think we need to look to the likes of Theo Walcott, Keiren Gibbs, Tom Huddlestone, Micah Richards etc and a few of the other guys who are supposedly good enough for the U-21s but rarely seem to turn out for their clubs.

I also think we need to find a way to encourage the premier league sides to play their younger English players a bit more.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Why would they want to sack someone that is such a clever operator - after all he managed to negotiate the sacking clause out of his contract with the FA

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  Why would they want to sack someone that is such a clever operator - after all he managed to negotiate the sacking clause out of his contract with the FA
                  That would have been his manager who negotiated that who also happens to be his son!

Comment

Does anyone else think he looks like Sam the American eagle from the Muppets??

Oh ..... just me then ...
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X