• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just nuke it !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just nuke it !

This story just will not die. Reuters: Special Report: Should BP nuke its leaking well?

I have no idea if it would solve it or not.

What makes me laugh is the idea of O'Bama authorising the use of nukes, or even declining it if it was recomended to him. This could split the left into many factions.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    This could split the left into many factions.
    So.............no change there then!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      So.............no change there then!!

BP are trying to seal the hole on the wrong side. They need to force a pipe through and seal it from the chamber end using various sized coagulate particals thus using the pressure of the oil to seal it. A bit like Holts Radweld.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily a chamber, more like an enormous rock "sponge" permeated with oil and gas.

Could they inject some agent to polymerise the oil somehow? Does such a thing exist?

I don't see a nuclear explosion cheering the locals up somehow.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Isn't Bruce Willis an expert on drilling holes in highly inhospitable places and dropping nukes down them.

Comment

Nuking the well sounds about the most stupid idea going.

Therefore they'll probably try doing just that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
            Albert Einstein
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hard to believe anyone would seriously consider doing this. Could make the current mess seem like a drop in the ocean.

It's really quite amazing how much oil is down there when you come to think of it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X