• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Bash (aka Fight Club) (take 3)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Bash (aka Fight Club) (take 3)

Day - Friday
    Month - August
    Venue - Ship and Shovell, London town

The first rule of summer bash is............................

(2nd poll wasn't public )
    6th
    0.00%
    13th
    77.78%
    20th
    22.22%
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Q. How many CUK contractors does it take to set up a poll.
    A. Three obviously.

I should be fine with any date.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

None.

Don't do Friday nights away from home (and am out of the country for two of those). Will be going to Thursday drinks 5th August with my wife, though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        None.

Don't do Friday nights away from home (and am out of the country for two of those). Will be going to Thursday drinks 5th August with my wife, though.
        I'll be there as I'd like to meet the saint who married you. If the 'official do' was a week or two later that would be great, but I could do any Friday.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

None.

Mmmm. £500 - £1000 per day. How do these beautiful women keep landing up with some our members????

Comment

I'm sure your wife is going to be furious when she finds out you've put your wedding snaps on t'interweb MF.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

None.

WFS (apart from the out of the country bit)

As usual, If it's on a Thursday and I'm available then I'll come over
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                WFS (apart from the out of the country bit)

As usual, If it's on a Thursday and I'm available then I'll come over
                Personally I would prefer a mid weeker. If we can choose a Thursday night with the premise that we know that out of towners will make the effort to come into London then that works for me.

Still not sure how we'd spot Spacecadet. Do you still wear bandages?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Personally I would prefer a mid weeker. If we can choose a Thursday night with the premise that we know that out of towners will make the effort to come into London then that works for me.

Still not sure how we'd spot Spacecadet. Do you still wear bandages?
                  The Bashes have always been on a friday to make it easy for those out of towners to come to London.

I don't expect people to lose a days income just to come to drinks on a Thursday.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    The Bashes have always been on a friday to make it easy for those out of towners to come to London.

I don't expect people to lose a days income just to come to drinks on a Thursday.
                    Sorry. I read it that you guys always meet up on Thursdays?

Comment

Working...
                    X