• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dept of Transport f**king motorists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dept of Transport f**king motorists

Interesting interview with the current minister of transport on AM this morning - said that the "war on motorists" is over and quoted 2 things that the govt would be looking at:

1) Coned off lanes where no traffic works happening
    2) Review of how motorway accidents are dealt with (i.e. shutting motorways for hours on end)

Now I'm not a conspiracy nut, or a geek who follows travel stats, however I found this interesting because I'd thought that the number of road closures due to accidents was going up... and for me to notice this with the few times I actually do use the car, made me wonder whether this was a policy directive. This interview was as close to an admission of such a policy that I've ever seen.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Instead of investigating the cause of Road deaths in future, they will probably just issue you with a fecking Crime Number that you can use to claim off your insurance for gore-damage etc.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

CBRD has a detailed article explaining what goes on when there's a "major incident" on a trunk route. I wonder which steps in the process they're planning to eradicate?

Comment

no problem with them closing the motorway if there is a 17 car pile up, its 2 lanes closed because someone ran out of petrol on the hard shoulder 10 feet from the exit and being attended by a range rover with a rigid tow bar that gets me.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          1) Coned off lanes where no traffic works happening
          A repeat of John Major's Cones Hotline?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            A repeat of John Major's Cones Hotline?
            Ah, the old policies are the best !

Nice to see this government so keen on recycling rubbish

Comment

Hate this lot (always did)
              Hate the old lot even more

*Wants a revolution to end democracy because average voter is too stupid to elect decent leaders*

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                Hate this lot (always did)
                Hate the old lot even more

*Wants a revolution to end democracy because average voter is too stupid to elect decent leaders*
                Oh dear.

(Talk like that and they won't even bang on your door, they'll break it in!)

Comment

Working...
                X