• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tour de France 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour de France 2010

Started on Saturday.

Prologue time trial was fairly uninspiring, although Geraint Evans did well to be in the top 5.

Stage one looked like being an interesting one untill it appeared that it was taking place on one of the 2 days a year that the wind doesnt blow in off the north sea. Made for a fairly sedate day, although credit to the three guys that went out in front from the start and stayed there for 4 hours. Got wound back in eventually but a worthy effort.

It all got a little more exciting at the end of the stage though. First Mark Cavendish crashes out taking a corner too fast in the pack and then there is a huge pile up on the final sprint to the line, blocking the entire road and bringing the majority of the peloton to a dead stop. Bikes and bodies everywhere but thankfully no serious injuries reported.

Going to be interesting today, another sprinters stage, narrow roads and cobbles thrown in for good measure.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Love a bit of the Tour, highlights are enough for me though. Couple of chancers trying to stay away all day, sometimes they manage it, mostly not but some publicity for a few hours. Lead-out sprints, crashes, bizarre spectators taking pictures, big scrum at the end and then the mountain stages, attacks, people getting broken, superhuman endeavour, the joy of a journeyman getting a stage win - it's bloody brilliant. You do need to get to know how it all works though to appreciate it and try not to think too much about the drugs, blood transfusions etc

Comment

There's always some idiot that takes their dog, and sets it off into the peloton.

Get it at mountain bike races too.

If you want your dog to die, why not just take it to a vet? It's way more humane.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oh, and did anyone hear the occasional vuvuzela? One in particular caught my attention as whoever blew it got attacked by other spectators. Which made me laugh.

Comment

Ubilabs tracker

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            46) Daniel Oss
            Team: Liquigas
            Heart: 508 Watt
            Speed: 41.1 km/h | 93 rpm
            That's some detail!
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              That's some detail!
              You can get the same for HTC Columbia as well as well as realtime GPS position updates on the stage route.

Comment

Live coverage on ITV4 via the web if anyone is interested.

One crash so far today. Deluge is out as a result, face + tarmac = retirement
                Last edited by DaveB; 5 July 2010, 14:41.

Comment

27 Km to go. Downhill finish in the wet. It's going to get messy again.

Comment

Stage leader Chavanel appears to have a problem with his seat post clamp. Mechanic is leaning out of the support car window trying to sort it out while his still riding along at around 30mph. Rather him than me.

Comment

Working...
                    X