• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No avoiding the football this evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No avoiding the football this evening

For me I'm afraid. This country (NL) is going to go mad this evening.

I suppose I should read up a bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8787958.stm
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Do I not like Orange

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Do I not like Orange
      I'm just reading up on Uruguay. It looks like quite a nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Are there any outdoor screens up anywhere to watch it, Dam Sq or Leidseplein maybe?

Hopefully some more of those ladies in short orange dresses will be out and about too.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          Are there any outdoor screens up anywhere to watch it, Dam Sq or Leidseplein maybe?

Hopefully some more of those ladies in short orange dresses will be out and about too.
          yep, most towns and many villages have an outdoor screen; there's one in our town at the council office. I think Leidseplein will have one.

One or two short orange dresses already spotted.

Comment

If Holland reach the finals, I am planning to be in Amsterdam to watch the game on a outdoor screen.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              If Holland reach the finals, I am planning to be in Amsterdam to watch the game on a outdoor screen.
              I'll be anywhere but Amsterdam, and my German car will be locked in the garage if Germany are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

I'll be watching at the Museumplein in Amsterdam which generally has a fair quota of short orange dresses even when NL aren't playing! :-)
                I think therefore I drink...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  I'll be watching at the Museumplein in Amsterdam which generally has a fair quota of short orange dresses even when NL aren't playing! :-)
                  I'd wager the chances of getting laid in Holland tonight have just gone through the roof.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I suppose I should read up a bit.

BBC Sport - Football - World Cup 2010: Uruguay make plans to stop Robben
                    No avoiding the footie for another while, it seems.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X