• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fly past

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly past

What the frack!

There has just been a fly past my flat by some fast jets.

Didn't know there was anything going on today.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    What the frack!

There has just been a fly past my flat by some fast jets.

Didn't know there was anything going on today.
    You near Farnborough?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Pasta delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Pasta delivery?

Menelaus' pledge. "If we don't deliver your order anywhere in the world within 40 minutes, it's free"

Comment

I was at Oulton Park the other week for the Touring Cars ( I think)

and a Euro Fighter came and put on a bit of a display.

Firkin Awesome!!

One question for the board though if a plane goes through the sound barrier and then decelerates to just under it and goes through it again do you get another sonic boom?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I was at Oulton Park the other week for the Touring Cars ( I think)

Firkin Awesome!!

One question for the board though if a plane goes through the sound barrier and then decelerates to just under it and goes through it again do you get another sonic boom?
            No mate, you only get one of those a fortnight. There's a bloke with a clipboard counting 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              No mate, you only get one of those a fortnight. There's a bloke with a clipboard counting 'em.
              cheers spod just the answer I was looking for.....

although a quick wiki indicates what the correct answer is....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                cheers spod just the answer I was looking for.....

although a quick wiki indicates what the correct answer is....
                Ohhhh, it's facts yer wanting! Why didn't you say so?

FUCTIFINO.

Comment

[QUOTE=original PM;1165144]I was at Oulton Park the other week for the Touring Cars ( I think)

Firkin Awesome!!

One question for the board though if a plane goes through the sound barrier and then decelerates to just under it and goes through it again do you get another sonic boom?[/QUOTE]

What I do know that if you go through it twice you still get the jolt as the sound wave catches you up when decelerating. I couldn't hear the boom as I was inside the cockpit in the back seat.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

wiki indicates that although if you stand in one place you hear a boom as the plane flies past this boom is actually continous and so it happens whenever a plane is going above MAC 1 (not just when it goes through MAC 1).

Which would indicate it would create a boom each time it goes above MAC 1

Comment

Working...
                    X