• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nervous breakdown advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous breakdown advice

Girlfriend (relatively new from March) has got progressively worse with working mega long hours and getting cream crackered.

She has been shutting me out, and her brother she is very close to going into dark and mysterious mode, telling me how upset and spaces out and tearful she is.

Problem is that she brokedown at work in the morning, eventually managed to get home late evening.

She is refusing to let me see her, one word texts yet sure she does not need the docs, just needs a holiday, and in bed for around 18 hours of the day now.

Has anyone worked with anyone in a similar position?

My worry is she is not eating right yet will not let me get some shopping in.

I guess I just need to back off and give space which is hard to do, but, seriously wondering if I need to be more assertive in getting her some help, not that s he will entertain it anyway.

Do you know any of her friends - preferably female?

If so let them know and then step back. Make sure you're not part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

If so let them know and then step back. Make sure you're not part of the problem.
      WHS

+ Back off right out of the relationship, you've only known her a short while and this is only a foreshadow of your future should you decide to stay on for the dick action. Don't say you wasn't warned. I'm talking from experience.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I agree. Probably best to do this quietly. Give her best looking friend a call, let them know that you are concerend about their friend/your GF and you need a little advice.

Arrange for her to come over, one at a time in the evening to your place. Best to set the mood though, so candles and a bottle of wine should be fine. Then over a relaxed evening let her know of your concerns. Be open, perhaps even cry a little if you feels it's right. Tell her friend about the fact your GF has gone off sex because of her breakdown and how stressed you are.

Hopefully her friend should be able to sort you out...
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Cry on my shoulder and I'll feel your tits"

Comment

Good point.

She has a friend who is her dog walker who is also worried about her as she has been making the occasional meal which she is not having, so will back off totally – not text until the weekend unless she gets back in touch with me first.

It is really incredible to see the change from a happy, lovely sunny lady I used to enjoy long walks with.

She just text me – she is still in bed but asking me about my family plans I told her a little about.

I guess I am wondering the boundary between work exhaustion and something more to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Good point.

She has a friend who is her dog walker who is also worried about her as she has been making the occasional meal which she is not having, so will back off totally – not text until the weekend unless she gets back in touch with me first.

It is really incredible to see the change from a happy, lovely sunny lady I used to enjoy long walks with.

She just text me – she is still in bed but asking me about my family plans I told her a little about.

I guess I am wondering the boundary between work exhaustion and something more to deal with.
              Oh dear...

Pregnant?
              Last edited by SupremeSpod; 6 July 2010, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Good point.

How long hours and what does she do? Is she being bullied or sexually harassed in the workplace?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh dear...

Pregnant?
                  18 hours a day in bed?

That's not pregnancy, that's depression.

Wilms... you've only been seeing her 5 mins, take a step back and let her mates sort her out.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    18 hours a day in bed?

That's not pregnancy, that's depression.

Wilms... you've only been seeing her 5 mins, take a step back and let her mates sort her out.
                    Oi! Me, MF and Gibbon have sorted him out. All we need is SASGURU or Minestrone to chuck something in and he'll really be equipped to handle this!

Comment

Working...
                    X