• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Driving Lessons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Driving Lessons

Fom the BBC:

Should van drivers go back to driving school?
    More than a million pounds will be spent by the government on free driving lessons for 3,5000 van drivers across Britain.

The transport secretary Alistair Darling wants to make them safer and more energy efficient behind the wheel.

They'll learn ways of reducing fuel consumption by using the right gears and better braking.

A Million Pounds!!!!!!!

If you want "White Van Man" to drive properly, simply make sure he has part ownership in the vehicle - that way he's liable for anything that goes wrong with it.

Comment

For Government spending a million pounds is like a private person spending about 20 pence.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

If you run a fleet of vans, trucks, artics, like what I do, you will probably have software, like what I wrote, that can tell you all the things drivers are doing wrong and gives reports that can be given to drivers to explain how they can improve their efficiency. If a driver is inefficient it is soon picked up and they are invited to sign on the incapacity.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X