• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope this had a happy ending...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this had a happy ending...

Don't read on if you like dogs.

On returning to my car last Saturday after having done my shopping I was distracted by a whimpering sound. It was a dog shut in a car with no ventilation & right in the midday sun. I went over to take a look and it was a young dalmation & it was in a pretty distressed state. My immediate reaction was to bust the window to get the poor sod some air but my girlfriend stopped me. Phoned the police instead and explained the situation & they said they would send someone out. They took 30 minutes to get there & I fully expected them to break into the car to set the dog free. They explained that they are not authorised to do this & they wanted to track down the owner first. So they went back to their car & did whatever for 15 minutes or so & then came back and said they couldn't locate the owner. They said they were going to make more enquiries & if they couldn't track the owner down they would tow the car away and impound it. Fine, I said, but that all takes time - so why not bust the window or get one of those people you call when you lock your keys in the car to open the door. Same sh1t again - we're not authorised. Really made me angry, though not as angry as I was with whoever the owner was. I'm sure that would have come to blows if he had shown up. Anyway, I went back a couple of hours later as it was on my mind & the car had gone so hopefully they got him out in time. I can only hope the bastard has the book thrown at him.

Couldn't have been that hard to locate Cruela Devill surely?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

On returning to my car last Saturday after having done my shopping I was distracted by a whimpering sound. It was a dog shut in a car with no ventilation & right in the midday sun. I went over to take a look and it was a young dalmation & it was in a pretty distressed state. My immediate reaction was to bust the window to get the poor sod some air but my girlfriend stopped me. Phoned the police instead and explained the situation & they said they would send someone out. They took 30 minutes to get there & I fully expected them to break into the car to set the dog free. They explained that they are not authorised to do this & they wanted to track down the owner first. So they went back to their car & did whatever for 15 minutes or so & then came back and said they couldn't locate the owner. They said they were going to make more enquiries & if they couldn't track the owner down they would tow the car away and impound it. Fine, I said, but that all takes time - so why not bust the window or get one of those people you call when you lock your keys in the car to open the door. Same sh1t again - we're not authorised. Really made me angry, though not as angry as I was with whoever the owner was. I'm sure that would have come to blows if he had shown up. Anyway, I went back a couple of hours later as it was on my mind & the car had gone so hopefully they got him out in time. I can only hope the bastard has the book thrown at him.
      There really are some morons around.
      On a slightly related theme, I recall hearing the story of a Rangers fan who had travelled up from Glasgow to Aberdeen for a footy match one warm august day. He had taken his dog with him and had left it in the car with the windows slightly open to allow fresh air to circulate. Unfortunately, what he had also left stuck to the rear of his car was a Rangers FC bumper sticker. On spotting this, some Aberdeen fans decided to give the dog a bit of a treat, and fed it a bar of laxative chocolate.
      One can only imagine what fun the trip home must have been in a warm and somewhat fragrant motor vehicle.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Feckers! I regularly go to Badminton Horse Trials and people are warned not to leave dogs in cars (there is no need for it).
        The RSPCA and cops patrol the car parks. The owner gets one warning over the PA then they break in. If the animal is obviously in immediate distress they go in straight away - and quite right too. Morons.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

As I see it you don't quite get 'how the world works'. It's not just your problem, many people have similar perception difficulties as I see it. I blame it on the quite daft education churned out in the state school system, but I digress. Your problem is that you have a perverse understanding of what Policing is all about.

The Policemen, by following procedure, would, more times than not, have got someone for breaking a car window (if you broke the window to let some air in), made an arrest for affray (if you slapped the owner), and the initiating crime of leaving a dog in a car. There're quite a few other crimes as well, but hopefully you get the picture.

What you were proposing would have alleviated the situation, and made most people, and especially the dog, quite happy, but and it's a big but: there are no crime numbers in that.

You see they've got to up them 'solved' crime numbers somehow.

So next time you see something that you think of as a crime, think on how the Police could react to achieve the maximum number of people getting 'upset enough to do something daft' that they could then grab straight away, and that my friend will be the procedure.

HTH

threaded in 'public service' mode
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            There really are some morons around.
            On a slightly related theme, I recall hearing the story of a Rangers fan who had travelled up from Glasgow to Aberdeen for a footy match one warm august day. He had taken his dog with him and had left it in the car with the windows slightly open to allow fresh air to circulate. Unfortunately, what he had also left stuck to the rear of his car was a Rangers FC bumper sticker. On spotting this, some Aberdeen fans decided to give the dog a bit of a treat, and fed it a bar of laxative chocolate.
            One can only imagine what fun the trip home must have been in a warm and somewhat fragrant motor vehicle.
            That they just happened to have in their pockets, eh?

Bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              That they just happened to have in their pockets, eh?

Bollocks.
              Oh no............they made a special trip to the Chemist to buy some. Aberdeen fans will "go the extra mile" to accommodate Rangers fans, trust me. I have been to Aberdeen v Celtic matches where the Dons' fans quite proudly sing "We hate Rangers more than you!"

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Oh no............they made a special trip to the Chemist to buy some. Aberdeen fans will "go the extra mile" to accommodate Rangers fans, trust me. I have been to Aberdeen v Celtic matches where the Dons' fans quite proudly sing "We hate Rangers more than you!"

'airy muff

Comment

Working...
                X