• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'elf and safety innit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'elf and safety innit

BBC News - Call to ban rugby scrums in schools

Bloody bedwetters.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Nah. Real bedwetters need tarmac paths built up mountains for them.
    Last edited by moorfield; 7 July 2010, 10:41.

Comment

Oh please, what a pile of tulipe... English rugby is in a bad enough state as it is without the grass roots not being able to play the game properly...

While they are at it, they should ban hockey sticks from hockey - how much damage can a hockey stick cause? Oh and water from swimming pools, what if the little mites drown... and concrete from running tracks.. they might scrape a knee or twist an ankle... FFS - this kind of stuff really gets on my nerves.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Oh please, what a pile of tulipe... English rugby is in a bad enough state as it is without the grass roots not being able to play the game properly...

While they are at it, they should ban hockey sticks from hockey - how much damage can a hockey stick cause? Oh and water from swimming pools, what if the little mites drown... and concrete from running tracks.. they might scrape a knee or twist an ankle... FFS - this kind of stuff really gets on my nerves.
        A child at our local athletics club was recently taken to hospital by his mother having suffered a 'periorbital hematoma' i.e. a black eye.

Guess what sport he was doing?

(I nearly pissed myself laughing when I found out)
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 7 July 2010, 10:47.

Comment

Really?

Imo it's a lack of proper coaching that is causing some serious injuries in school Rugby. Improve the coaching. Also, it could be argued that some of the younger players won't have developed sufficiently to handle the strains.

What does the rest of the forum think?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Really?

Imo it's a lack of proper coaching that is causing some serious injuries in school Rugby. Improve the coaching. Also, it could be argued that some of the younger players won't have developed sufficiently to handle the strains.

Banning scrums would make the situation worse as young players enter adult rugby without the skills or strength to cope with a scrum. Give it a few years and there'd be a spate of spinal injuries in adult rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Really?

That's why they have touch and mini rugby.

Banning scrums and tackles is bonkers.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Banning scrums would make the situation worse as young players enter adult rugby without the skills or strength to cope with a scrum. Give it a few years and there'd be a spate of spinal injuries in adult rugby.
                Yep, I agree. However I also think that coaching needs to be improved if scrums are not to be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  That's why they have touch and mini rugby.

Banning scrums and tackles is bonkers.
                  But this "should" improve ball handling and running techniques ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    But this "should" improve ball handling and running techniques ?
                    I am quite capable of handling my balls without the instruction of a health and safety officer, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X