• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK's IT contractor CV template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK's IT contractor CV template :: Contractor UK

Why would you want include two facts that legally one cannot discriminate? Or is Accendo Career Management Services admitting that there is illegal discrimination in the workplace?

7. Personal
    -State your D.O.B
    -State your nationality
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Don't those discrimination laws only apply to employment?
    The reason to skip those two things is that they are not relevant to your company's ability to take on a contract.

Comment

I'd also have client history above education and training, unless I was straight out of uni and had no work history.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Your CV should ideally be two pages in length - when a hiring manager/recruitment agent opens a CV it must not appear a challenge to read.

Studies show that agents spend less than 10 seconds on an initial screen of a CV.
        Alternatively you can use this information wisely and scare off the lazy thickos.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

In the first section:
          Originally posted by The CV
          -Say Where you are going, or what you want to do, in your career
          Didn't read any further..... If the first 1/2 dozen lines sound like a permie cv then I don't think its a goodun!!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            The reason to skip those two things is that they are not relevant to your company's ability to take on a contract.
            Nationality may be a useful indicator towards been security cleared and or work visa etc.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

With most hiring manager/recruitment agents, I am surprised they do not recommend getting Dora the Fooking Explorer to walk them through the salient points in a powerpoint presentation.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Age discrimination at work is an absolute act and can not be curcumvented even it workers are being supplied by way of third party contractors.

Age discrimination at work is unlawful in almost all types of employment. All employees and workers of any age are protected from age discrimination including partners of firms, contract workers and anyone in vocational training.

Website of the UK government : Directgov

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                Nationality may be a useful indicator towards been security cleared and or work visa etc.
                It is illegal to specify nationality at the application stage. I can be asked at the interview in order to assess the candidates right to work but not to discriminate. (Osbourne Clarke Services v Purohit)
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

3. Career Expertise
                  Using bullet points, state:
                  - Achievements delivered
                  I interpreted that as saying "Using bulltulip points" for a nanosecond.

Comment

Working...
                  X