PDA

View Full Version : apologies for the wilmslowesque nature of this question...

Boudica
7th July 2010, 17:45
but

our neighbour goes in and out four or five times a night and today when i came home the common area smelled strongly of weed...

i have asked him several times to be quieter - usually at 3am when he has woken me

any suggestions?

i think he might be dealing, should i call the filth?

shaunbhoy
7th July 2010, 17:48
but

our neighbour goes in and out four or five times a night and today when i came home the common area smelled strongly of weed...

i have asked him several times to be quieter - usually at 3am when he has woken me

any suggestions?

If you do, make sure you do it anonymously.

Boudica
7th July 2010, 17:52
yeah i know that is what is worrying me, i am here on my own a lot :frown

Spacecadet
7th July 2010, 17:53
you could move somewhere nicer

Boudica
7th July 2010, 17:55
you could move somewhere nicer

we have only just moved in!

shaunbhoy
7th July 2010, 17:55
yeah i know that is what is worrying me, i am here on my own a lot :frown

If you were to go down that route, is it likely he would suss that the tip-off came from you, or are there quite a number of other possibilities? If he is likely to be able to pin it down to you then it might be advisable to keep schtoom.

Pondlife
7th July 2010, 17:56
Do you own your flat? Does he own his?

Boudica
7th July 2010, 17:56
Do you own your flat? Does he own his?

both renting

(i know, i am a loser!)

Pondlife
7th July 2010, 18:02
both renting

(i know, i am a loser!)

If you both rent from the same agency or landlord try to get them to pop round when the smell is particularly strong. Let them evict the fecker.

MaryPoppins
7th July 2010, 18:04
both renting

(i know, i am a loser!)

No you're not!

Have you only really spoken to him when he's out of it? If so, p'raps consider popping round during the day and try to have a pleasant word when he's not bouncing off the walls?

Not sure reporting him will achieve very much at all, other than creating animosity.

Boudica
7th July 2010, 18:05
Is his name NickFitz?

I live in london, isn't Nick in the north?

Boudica
7th July 2010, 18:06
No you're not!

Have you only really spoken to him when he's out of it? If so, p'raps consider popping round during the day and try to have a pleasant word when he's not bouncing off the walls?

Not sure reporting him will achieve very much at all, other than creating animosity.

Cheers Mary, thanks you are very kind.

Hmmm, not sure, if he is a dealer I think he is going to do it anyways...

MaryPoppins
7th July 2010, 18:10
Cheers Mary, thanks you are very kind.

Hmmm, not sure, if he is a dealer I think he is going to do it anyways...

I would deffo try having a quiet word during the day and if he's an arse, consider keeping an eye on him and then reporting him as a suspected dealer. If he is, he probably won't connect any dots back to you necessarily.

doodab
7th July 2010, 18:22
He may not be dealing, just smoking a lot.

The frequent trips out are probably to the nearest garage to get "munchies".

The surefire way to tell is to try and score off him.

cailin maith
7th July 2010, 18:36
You aren't a loser at all!

I think yer man is right, he might just be smoking a lot... and then getting the munchies.

Have a chat with him and see how he reacts but do it when you aren't on your own.

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 19:43
I've got this mate, he's a big bastard. Bouncer, does a lot of steriods.

You want me to send him round to your gaff so he can have a word.

He also does gardening!

Wilmslow
8th July 2010, 06:35
I've got this mate,

He also does gardening!

Does he do lady gardening?

More helpfully.... What do the other people in the area think? If there is just you, then now much you can do. However, if a load of you, you could consider jointly either having a word, or talking to landlord as a group voice - This is likely to get things sorted.

Community policing is another fantastic way of getting things dealt with - the local PCSO tries to be as anonymous as possible, likely to deal by phone initially, likely to even meet you outside the area, park the car away, come over in mufti etc to help you to get things resolved.

Good luck.

SupremeSpod
8th July 2010, 06:41
Put a cap in his ass!

It's the only thing these druggies understand.

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 06:43
Start up your own drug business. Undercut the idiot by 20%. This will soon put him out of business and you'll have the local trade to yourself. :smokin

threaded
8th July 2010, 07:00
but

any suggestions?

No. You've blown your chance. For future reference if you suspect someone is dealing etc. when you report them, make it a good few months after you've moved in, preferably a couple or so days after you see someone else moving in locally, i.e. don't make it so obvious it was you.

Ha, that's a joke, not only is anonymous calling impossible (for average joe), the attending officer is most likely to tell them the call was traced back to you just to show off how clever they are.

Like I say, they'll probably not be able to grab them dealing, but if they assault you, then they've got an brownie point on their 'clear-up rate'

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 07:04
Ha, that's a joke, not only is anonymous calling impossible (for average joe), the attending officer is most likely to tell them the call was traced back to you just to show off how clever they are.

Like I say, they'll probably not be able to grab them dealing, but if they assault you, then they've got an brownie point on their 'clear-up rate'

And just how many drug-dealers have you shopped then threaded? You sound so knowledgeable.

:eyes

doodab
8th July 2010, 07:15
Anonymous calling is easy. Call crimestoppers from a payphone in a different town.

They don't need to catch dealers in the act, the crime is called "possession with intent to supply" and is usually inferred from the fact they are in possession of larger quantities than would be for personal use.

Rather than involving the police, why not try and come to an arrangement e.g. offer him a 1kg bar of dairy milk if he keeps quite for a whole week. Don't let him know you have the chocolate in the house though, or he may well break in.

threaded
8th July 2010, 07:18
Anonymous calling is easy. Call crimestoppers from a payphone in a different town.

They don't need to catch dealers in the act, the crime is called "possession with intent to supply" and is usually inferred from the fact they are in possession of larger quantities than would be for personal use.

Rather than involving the police, why not try and come to an arrangement e.g. offer him a 1kg bar of dairy milk if he keeps quite for a whole week. Don't let him know you have the chocolate in the house though, or he may well break in.

:rollin: Bejeesus, have none of you lot ever lived in the real world, or you just trolling?

If you even talk to an addict they take that as permission to break in.

doodab
8th July 2010, 07:29
:rollin: Bejeesus, have none of you lot ever lived in the real world, or you just trolling?

If you even talk to an addict they take that as permission to break in.

He's some bloke in his flat smoking a bit of weed, not Manuel Noriega. I reckon 30% or more of the population have done the same thing at some point in their lives. I'm surprised you've never tried it, you strike me as an open minded sort of chap.

SupremeSpod
8th July 2010, 07:32
He's some bloke in his flat smoking a bit of weed, not Manuel Noriega. I reckon 30% or more of the population have done the same thing at some point in their lives. I'm surprised you've never tried it, you strike me as an open minded sort of chap.

Open minded? You reckon because someone does something illegal and detrimental to their health that they're "open minded"? You've got your values well and truly screwed. Don't forget that he's affecting someone elses quality of life.

Shoot the f**ker.

doodab
8th July 2010, 07:38
Open minded? You reckon because someone does something illegal and detrimental to their health that they're "open minded"? You've got your values well and truly screwed.

No, but I think that people who lack curiosity and believe what they are told without having any personal experience are not keeping an open mind.

gingerjedi
8th July 2010, 07:39
Pop a cap in his sorry ass!

It's the only thing these druggies understand.

FTFY Word. :smokin

doodab
8th July 2010, 07:44
You've got your values well and truly screwed. Don't forget that he's affecting someone elses quality of life.

Shoot the f**ker.

You're affecting my quality of life. Can I shoot you too?

threaded
8th July 2010, 07:47
No, but I think that people who lack curiosity and believe what they are told without having any personal experience are not keeping an open mind.

There's being open-minded, and letting people do what they want 'behind closed doors', but my experience tells me that when a user reaches the stage of irritating the neighbours then they are already on the spiral dive to oblivion.

HTH

SupremeSpod
8th July 2010, 07:49
You're affecting my quality of life. Can I shoot you too?

Anytime you want sunshine. Grassy knoll or Book Repository?

doodab
8th July 2010, 08:06
There's being open-minded, and letting people do what they want 'behind closed doors', but my experience tells me that when a user reaches the stage of irritating the neighbours then they are already on the spiral dive to oblivion.

HTH

That's a fair point, but he may not be irritating her on purpose, and the chances are that if she has complained he's making an effort to avoid doing it again. I really think killing him is a bit OTT.

Presumably we are talking about an older house that has been converted into flats, although a lot of blocks of flats built in the 80s are not much better. A lot of those were done on the cheap with little or no attention paid to soundproofing, which caused a huge increase in the number of complaints about noisy neighbours and resulted in amended building regulations. Laminate floors are a particular source of problems, esp when laid by cowboys or DIYers who don't use a proper underlay.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADE_2003.pdf

Even perfectly reasonable people can end up at loggerheads over noise, I know the guy who bought the flat downstairs from where I used to live (in a converted victorian house) paid around £30k to have work done to reduce impact noise (which included having some work done in what had been my flat). He was very reasonable and understood the problem but most people don't and assume the neighbours are doing it purpose.

gingerjedi
8th July 2010, 08:46
That's a fair point, but he may not be irritating her on purpose, and the chances are that if she has complained he's making an effort to avoid doing it again. I really think killing him is a bit OTT.

Presumably we are talking about an older house that has been converted into flats, although a lot of blocks of flats built in the 80s are not much better. A lot of those were done on the cheap with little or no attention paid to soundproofing, which caused a huge increase in the number of complaints about noisy neighbours and resulted in amended building regulations. Laminate floors are a particular source of problems, esp when laid by cowboys or DIYers who don't use a proper underlay.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADE_2003.pdf

Even perfectly reasonable people can end up at loggerheads over noise, I know the guy who bought the flat downstairs from where I used to live (in a converted victorian house) paid around £30k to have work done to reduce impact noise (which included having some work done in what had been my flat). He was very reasonable and understood the problem but most people don't and assume the neighbours are doing it purpose.

I used to live in a flat with a heroin user/small time dealer living in the attic flat above. We had skinny white trash scumbags turning up at all hours trying to 'score', the front door got kicked off it's hinges, an antique table was stolen and my post often didn't turn up.

This was a large Victorian house converted into 7 flats occupied mostly by nice respectable owners including a vicar and his wife, just one of the flats was rented and you can guess which. :rolleyes:

sasguru
8th July 2010, 08:52
Noise nuisance is usually tackled by the noise abatement officer of your local council. They can vary in effectiveness and obviously your neighbour will know one his neighbours have called. Are you two the only ones in the block?
When I lived in a flat and had some noisy Aussie neighbours, I knocked on their door, called them koonts and told them if I heard anything more that got me out of bed, I would break the door down and beat the crap out of them. I was so angry I meant it and it showed. Never heard a peep after that.

doodab
8th July 2010, 09:01
I used to live in a flat with a heroin user/small time dealer living in the attic flat above. We had skinny white trash scumbags turning up at all hours trying to 'score', the front door got kicked off it's hinges, an antique table was stolen and my post often didn't turn up.

This was a large Victorian house converted into 7 flats occupied mostly by nice respectable owners including a vicar and his wife, just one of the flats was rented and you can guess which. :rolleyes:

Exactly, and that's a big difference to someone leaving the house a few times and making a bit of noise isn't it.

Drewster
8th July 2010, 09:10
That's a fair point, but he may not be irritating her on purpose, and the chances are that if she has complained he's making an effort to avoid doing it again. I really think killing him is a bit OTT. [/url]

:eek That statement is only slightly reassuring!! :eek
:wink

Boudica
8th July 2010, 10:50
I phoned the letting agent who phoned the owner and the person occupying isn't even meant to be there, apparently the owner lives in the country and his children occasionally use it, but as far as he knows no-one is meant to be there. He gave the keys to someone to do a job and fix somethings...

You think if you were squatting you would do it quietly and not upset the neighbours! :ladybags:

minestrone
8th July 2010, 11:23
Open minded? You reckon because someone does something illegal and detrimental to their health that they're "open minded"? You've got your values well and truly screwed. Don't forget that he's affecting someone elses quality of life.

Feckin hell, it's Nancy Reagan!!

threaded
8th July 2010, 11:26
I phoned the letting agent who phoned the owner and the person occupying isn't even meant to be there, apparently the owner lives in the country and his children occasionally use it, but as far as he knows no-one is meant to be there. He gave the keys to someone to do a job and fix somethings...

You think if you were squatting you would do it quietly and not upset the neighbours! :ladybags:

It's what happens: druggy comes up to you in the street 'spare us a bit of cash for a cup of tea', next thing you find they're squatting in your shed/garage/house, and if you ask why, they'll say you gave them permission. I do believe they actually believe it too. It's what they're like.

Boudica
8th July 2010, 14:22
It's what happens: druggy comes up to you in the street 'spare us a bit of cash for a cup of tea', next thing you find they're squatting in your shed/garage/house, and if you ask why, they'll say you gave them permission. I do believe they actually believe it too. It's what they're like.

I'm not sure it was exactly like that but looks like inhabitant wasn't there with permission of owner... weird! it is a kind of nice part of london, if there is such a thing...

doodab
8th July 2010, 14:27
I'm not sure it was exactly like that but looks like inhabitant wasn't there with permission of owner... weird! it is a kind of nice part of london, if there is such a thing...

Could it be one of the owners kids?

Boudica
8th July 2010, 14:34
Could it be one of the owners kids?

no, the agent spoke with the owner who said they were not there either, but he had given the keys to someone to do some work!!! so god knows what is going on. the owner was really annoyed and unhappy that someone was there and we were getting disturbed four or five times a night

minestrone
8th July 2010, 14:37
He has probably killed the kids and is going to kill you tonight for grassing him up.

doodab
8th July 2010, 14:37
no, the agent spoke with the owner who said they were not there either, but he had given the keys to someone to do some work!!! so god knows what is going on. the owner was really annoyed and unhappy that someone was there and we were getting disturbed four or five times a night

Maybe some dodgy builder is trying to fit the work around his day job. It does sound a bit suspect though.

Boudica
8th July 2010, 14:48
He has probably killed the kids and is going to kill you tonight for grassing him up.

minestrone is mostly harmless (and odd)

Boudica
8th July 2010, 14:50
Maybe some dodgy builder is trying to fit the work around his day job. It does sound a bit suspect though.

there has been no building going on at all, i am here a lot! trying to study...

the squatter is arab or italian and calls me madam, he doesn't look like a builder!

doodab
8th July 2010, 14:55
there has been no building going on at all, i am here a lot! trying to study...

the squatter is arab or italian and calls me madam, he doesn't look like a builder!

Ooh. Terrorists. I would rather have drug dealers personally.

MaryPoppins
8th July 2010, 15:24

I know what you mean. I bought a Big Issue two years ago, the fella who sold it to me is living in my garage now. Nightmare.

:laugh

MaryPoppins
8th July 2010, 15:30
Did he give a discount for cash?

You talkin' to me?

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 15:54
Ooh. Terrorists. I would rather have drug dealers personally.

Good call. Phone the police and let them know you've seen an Arab looking bloke in an empty house next door acting suspicious.

They'll storm the house before you can Raoul Moat!

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 19:35
When I lived in a flat and had some noisy Aussie neighbours, I knocked on their door, called them koonts and told them if I heard anything more that got me out of bed, I would break the door down and beat the crap out of them. I was so angry I meant it and it showed. Never heard a peep after that.

Whoa there!!! That caused a huge spike on the Bullshit-O-Meter!! Like watching a rerun of the Kobe richter-scale meters!
Why is it that when I try to imagine you getting all militant and intimidatory, I automatically get a vision of Bungle shaking his head and stamping his feet??

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 19:49
This is a true story.

It was my final year and I was sleeping badly, stressed for my exams, I was taking a little extra for a nights sleep which had caused me to sleep walk a few times.

One night the house behind had a small but very loud party. Right in the middle of the exams, the ******* twats. I tried to sleep and took the medication I had, eventually at some point falling asleep.

I awoke the next morning to find that the bottom of my bed was covered in mud and my feet where filthy.

I showered and got ready to go to Uni. My flatmate then asked me, "How did you get them to turn the music off last night?". "I didn't" was the reply. 'Yes you did, you went out about 2am and then the music stopped'......

Now. I don't remember going out, but I do remember that when I woke up I remembered a vivid dream, where that in my dream I put my dressing gown on, went next door walking across their garden, walked into the house behind, pulled the stereo from the wall, had a fight with someone and then went home. The music then stopped'

I don't know if it ever happened, but all I know is, they never spoke to me again.

Boudica
8th July 2010, 19:52
This is a true story.

It was my final year and I was sleeping badly, stressed for my exams, I was taking a little extra for a nights sleep which had caused me to sleep walk a few times.

One night the house behind had a small but very loud party. Right in the middle of the exams, the ******* twats. I tried to sleep and took the medication I had, eventually at some point falling asleep.

I awoke the next morning to find that the bottom of my bed was covered in mud and my feet where filthy.

I showered and got ready to go to Uni. My flatmate then asked me, "How did you get them to turn the music off last night?". "I didn't" was the reply. 'Yes you did, you went out about 2am and then the music stopped'......

Now. I don't remember going out, but I do remember that when I woke up I remembered a vivid dream, where that in my dream I put my dressing gown on, went next door walking across their garden, walked into the house behind, pulled the stereo from the wall, had a fight with someone and then went home. The music then stopped'

I don't know if it ever happened, but all I know is, they never spoke to me again.

nope, try as you might you can't beat sas on the bullsh*t-o-meter :laugh

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 20:27
I knocked on their door, called them koonts and told them if I heard anything more that got me out of bed, I would break the door down and beat the crap out of them. I was so angry I meant it and it showed.

YouTube - Rainbow - What's Wrong With Bungle? - Part One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF_4p8qnPTw&feature=related)

:laugh :laugh

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 20:40

:laugh what a genius

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 20:41
:laugh what a genius

Steady!!!!!!!!!!

:ladybags:

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 20:44
No you're not!

I have never, in over 20 years of 'being around' people smoking weed seen anyone "bouncing off the walls" - you never indulged MP?

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 20:54

HTH

:laugh you guys :rolleyes:

minestrone
8th July 2010, 20:56
I had a grass space cake in Admsterdam and I was bouncing off walls.

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 20:58
over 20 years of 'being around' people smoking weed

and

A guy I work with (honestly, not me) has been approached by a girl on FB

You seem to skirt around the periphery of things way too much Ruprect. Get stuck in a bit more...........life's too short!!

HTH

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 20:59
Noise nuisance is usually tackled by the noise abatement officer of your local council. They can vary in effectiveness and obviously your neighbour will know one his neighbours have called. Are you two the only ones in the block?

course you did sas :rolleyes:

minestrone
8th July 2010, 21:00
Drugs are fantastic and I pity people who choose not to try them.

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 21:03
Whoa there!!! That caused a huge spike on the Bullshit-O-Meter!! Like watching a rerun of the Kobe richter-scale meters!
Why is it that when I try to imagine you getting all militant and intimidatory, I automatically get a vision of Bungle shaking his head and stamping his feet??

Post of the day

Ruprect
8th July 2010, 21:06
and

You seem to skirt around the periphery of things way too much Ruprect. Get stuck in a bit more...........life's too short!!

HTH

:laugh thanks SB

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 21:16
Drugs are fantastic and I pity people who choose not to try them.

I always quite liked mushrooms. Nothing like going out into the Devon hills on an early morning with a carrier bag.

We always used to go BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

Sometimes we even saw a Snake....

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 21:23
We always used to go BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

As good a reason as any for cousins to be prohibited from marrying!!

Boudica
8th July 2010, 21:29
As good a reason as any for cousins to be prohibited from marrying!!

you're on fire shaunboy!

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 21:30
you're on fire shaunboy!

Well smouldering gently anyways!!

:smokin

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 21:58
Well smouldering gently anyways!!

:smokin

Like a dung heap. :eyes

shaunbhoy
9th July 2010, 06:59
Like a dung heap. :eyes

Full of goodness, with many qualities that can enrich the lives of others you mean?
Well Yes, I suppose that is certainly true.

Gibbon
9th July 2010, 07:14
Full of goodness, with many qualities that can enrich the lifes of others you mean?
Well Yes, I suppose that is certainly true.

But not you're spelling, that just stinks :wink

Ruprect
9th July 2010, 08:20
But not you're spelling, that just stinks :wink
Your

cailin maith
9th July 2010, 08:39
I always quite liked mushrooms. Nothing like going out into the Devon hills on an early morning with a carrier bag.

Sometimes we even saw a Snake....

Have you seen it on You tube? It's soooooooo funny :rollin:

They did a Christmas one with presents and a Christ :laugh

shaunbhoy
9th July 2010, 08:42

No. Linky??

SupremeSpod
9th July 2010, 08:43

A Christ..... a Christ......

SupremeSpod
9th July 2010, 08:44
No. Linky??

www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com)

They have a search facility you lazy bastard!

Simples

shaunbhoy
9th July 2010, 08:48
www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com)

They have a search facility you lazy bastard!

Simples

Well, you don't have a dog..........................anymore.

Oh yes.................found it!! :laugh

Like the Harry Potter one too!!

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.
Why don't they do something constructive.............like posting on CUK? Oh yeah.............good point!!

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 08:49
My personal favourites of Weebl are Badger, Kenya and Magical Trevor.

For those who have never come across Weebls stuff it is fantastic.

Welcome - Weebl's Stuff (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/)

SupremeSpod
9th July 2010, 08:54
My personal favourites of Weebl are Badger, Kenya and Magical Trevor.

For those who have never come across Weebls stuff it is fantastic.

Welcome - Weebl's Stuff (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/)

That's just stopped CM from doing any work this morning...

MaryPoppins
9th July 2010, 09:00
I have never, in over 20 years of 'being around' people smoking weed seen anyone "bouncing off the walls" - you never indulged MP?

Of course I haven't. See my sig below.*

*This may be total bobbins.