PDA

View Full Version : Spain beat Germany so stick that in your Merkel and smoke it !!!!

eliquant
7th July 2010, 20:21
Wearing down the big oafs finally made made them fall.

Some two very nice countries (standard of living and people) in the football final and their first ever World cup on Sunday, so goody.

shaunbhoy
7th July 2010, 20:23
Spain will be slight favourites I think, but I'd rather the cloggies did it as they were very unlucky twice back in the 70s.

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 20:37
Looks like a Netherlands victory to me.

I'm glad I didn't put £300 on Germany.........

Minestrone? Minestrone? Minestrone?

shaunbhoy
7th July 2010, 20:45
Looks like a Netherlands victory to me.

I'm glad I didn't put £300 on Germany.........

Me too. You might need that!!

:tongue

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 20:46
Me too. You might need that!!

Please bear in mind SB, that wearing a skirt(sorry Kilt) in Exeter is a sign that you are free and easy and like to go 'Ooooooo Ahhhhhhhh'

doodab
7th July 2010, 20:47
I will be fairly happy whoever wins, both countries have contributed more than their fair share to the history and culture of the game and it'll be nice to have a new winner.

If I had to pick a winner, I would go with the Netherlands. Spain play an attractive passing game and are great at keeping the ball but goals win games and despite the possession they have enjoyed they have struggled to score. Having said that, they don't let many in and I like the attitude that lets them brings on Fernando Torres when they're 1-0 up with ten minutes to go.

What does the octopus say?

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 20:48
I will be fairly happy whoever wins, both countries have contributed more than their fair share to the history and culture of the game and it'll be nice to have a new winner.

If I had to pick a winner, I would go with the Netherlands. Spain play an attractive passing game and are great at keeping the ball but goals win games and despite the possession they have enjoyed they have struggled to score. Having said that, they don't let many in and I like the attitude that lets them brings on Fernando Torres when they're 1-0 up with ten minutes to go.

I don't know but I'll have 'sick squid' on it.

(Coat please!)

shaunbhoy
7th July 2010, 20:49
Please bear in mind SB, that wearing a skirt(sorry Kilt) in Exeter is a sign that you are free and easy and like to go 'Ooooooo Ahhhhhhhh'

The chicks love it. If I had a pound for every time an Exeter babe has offered to toss my caber for me.........well....nuff said!!

:wink

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 20:57
The chicks love it. If I had a pound for every time an Exeter babe has offered to toss my caber for me.........well....nuff said!!

I heard it was because in Devon a McQuarterPounder costs £3, while a McChickenNugget only costs a £1. :wave::rollin:

Pondlife
7th July 2010, 21:00

I think 'paul' will be in someones seafood salad by lunchtime.

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 21:01
I think 'paul' will be in someones seafood salad by lunchtime.

The Octopus predicted a Spanish win though didn't it. So it's pretty accurate.

I wonder if it has to predict what year Andy Murray will win a grand slam that it has enough tenticles????!!!!

Pondlife
7th July 2010, 21:07
The Octopus predicted a Spanish win though didn't it. So it's pretty accurate.

I wonder if it has to predict what year Andy Murray will win a grand slam that it has enough tenticles????!!!!

Yes, the german octpus correctly predicted a spanish win. Talk about not knowing your audience.

MarillionFan
7th July 2010, 21:13
Yes, the german octpus correctly predicted a spanish win. Talk about not knowing your audience.

I just discovered that Octopussy was a James Bond film. I always thought it was a film about a girl with eight vaginas!:eyes

Alf W
7th July 2010, 21:43
So, one nation at least will relinquish the reputation of being World Cup 'bottlers'.

Drewster
7th July 2010, 21:47
The chicks love it. If I had a pound for every time an Exeter babe has offered to toss my caber for me.........well....I'd have about 32p

ftfy

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 06:48
I just discovered that Octopussy was a James Bond film. I always thought it was a film about a girl with eight vaginas!:eyes

Pathetic. I really think we ought to introduce some form of quality filter.

Doggy Styles
8th July 2010, 11:56
Wearing down the big oafs finally made made them fall.

Some two very nice countries (standard of living and people) in the football final and their first ever World cup on Sunday, so goody.
You mean this very nice country? (http://news-spain.euroresidentes.com/2006/03/racism-in-spanish-football.html)

I remember them doing it when England played there in Madrid a few years ago. I think they were fined two and sixpence.