• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's in store for the housing market in 2006?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in store for the housing market in 2006?

What's this vested interest tripe doing on this web site?

How about an independant report on the housing market from someone who isn't trying to sell more mortgages?

Housing market is one of the major factors in consumer sentiments, and if consumers stop spending then the economy tanks, which by extention would affect IT contractors who are among the first to get the sack.

Comment

Don't worry. House prices will keep going up if we keep letting in 250,000 immigrants every year.

Comment

Do new immigrants really BUY houses/flats. I doubt it.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

They rent them - often share rooms, so that's 6 people for 3-bedroom house.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Do new immigrants really BUY houses/flats. I doubt it.
            They use them. It might be renting, squatting or on benefits. The point is, that leaves less for everyone else, making the remaining housing stock more expensive.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              They use them. It might be renting, squatting or on benefits. The point is, that leaves less for everyone else, making the remaining housing stock more expensive.

HTH
              I don't think that's quite true. Immigrants probably use the poor housing stock that locals wouldn't use anyway. Anyway the rate of house price inflation over the last 10 years does not correlate statistically with the no. of immigrants coming in.

Wendigo have you been to the Chico school of logic?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Predictions for 2006
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

As long as the current economic climate i.e. low interest rates, relatively low unemployment, benign world conditions etc holds, nothing much will happen. Any economic shock leading to high rates or high unemployment will bring it crashing down.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    As long as the current economic climate i.e. low interest rates, relatively low unemployment, benign world conditions etc holds, nothing much will happen. Any economic shock leading to high rates or high unemployment will bring it crashing down.
                    Aye SAS

Any idea what would happen if the petrodollar was to be replaced by melons?

PS My predictions for the 2006 housing market ...Grey Slates to Remain Grey Slates

Comment

Working...
                    X