• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPod Touch Apps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod Touch Apps

Anyone got any good ones to recommend?

I've got a load of free ones installed: e.g. accuweather, easywriter, ereader, free translation (could do with an off-line version of that), instapaper, wifi finder, goodreader. Are there any others worth having?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Anyone got any good ones to recommend?

I've got a load of free ones installed: e.g. accuweather, easywriter, ereader, free translation (could do with an off-line version of that), instapaper, wifi finder, goodreader. Are there any others worth having?
    If you want to annoy anyone, get the Vuvuzela. If you have Sky+, download the Sky+ Player and the Sky Mobile App (Subs may apply for the latter app). TheTrainline App is good. If you want to work out currency conversions.... Google Earth is good. LinkedIn and Jobserve apps... Want to make Voip calls over Wifi? Download Skype, you can use one of those combi-headphone-mic-with-3.5mm-jack-kit if you want. Want to read the newspaper on the train, download the Metro. Want a Subways sarnie card.... there's an app for that.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Adobe Flash Player is meant to be good.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Kindle?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Adobe Flash Player is meant to be good.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

After a few days use

I've tried (almost) everything getting very large photo's onto my iPod Touch and it appears to be a no-go area above a certain size (35 Mb either failed or was automatically reduced in size by the app). Shame, as I'd wanted to store some large detailed maps on there that I'd stitched together from google maps. That would have been useful. A realisation the the iPod is more in the 'toy' category than a seriously useful bit of kit on the move, unless you can frequently find wifi hotspots, but then the battery life is so short when using wifi that you'd be needing extra batteries or regular recharging options. On which note, I was a bit surprised to find that the battery had run down almost to empty when not used for a couple of days
            Last edited by TimberWolf; 15 July 2010, 11:36.

Comment

Just been playing Flight Control (free version)

Flight Control Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Addictive and annoying. See if you can beat a score of 68. It gets annoying when scores reach about 40 or so, and survival is pure luck above 60.

Edit: 83 now.
              Last edited by TimberWolf; 20 February 2011, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Just been playing Flight Control (free version)

Flight Control Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Addictive and annoying. See if you can beat a score of 68. It gets annoying when scores reach about 40 or so, and survival is pure luck above 60.

Edit: 83 now.
                Congratulations. You have confirmed the veracity of "You make your own luck.".
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Words with friends. Also available on android.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Zombie Farm
                    Engadget
                    Daily Mash
                    BBC & Sky News
                    Fragger
                    That unknown one with birds and pigs
                    Twitter
                    Jobserve
                    Logmein Ignition
                    Linkedin
                    Dilbert
                    VLC
                    eBay
                    Mr.AahH

etc etc, if you have kids I could give you a list 10x that size.
                    Last edited by Durbs; 21 February 2011, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X