• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron scores on PMQs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron scores on PMQs

Talking about the education reforms, Cameron said Blair's first act as prime minister was to abolish grant maintained schools, and his last act will be "to bring them back".

Mr Cameron called for more consistency from the prime minister, saying: "Blair is someone who came into politics to soak the rich and ban the bomb, but ever since then he has been sucking up to the rich and dropping bombs!"
    Classic. That's one for the Blair epitaph thread a few weeks ago. Tony squirmed and I'm pretty sure there was a suppressed cheer from the Labour back benches.

The grass is not always greener as ALL governments are lying c0cksuckers.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      Yes, but that's why its important to have credible opposition that will at least try to keep Govt in check.

Comment

Why cant the opposition concentrate on actually offering something constructive instead of trying to score political points at every chance they get?

Mailman

Comment

There's no more "Punch and Judy" politics with Cameron. Remember, he said that last year, so it must be true.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Do you guys like Blair or something?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Do you guys like Blair or something?
              No! LOL!

Cameron did get Mr Punch out today: I guess the team were getting a little too bored with the sensible questions.

I think if he sprinkles a little bit here and there then it should liven things up a little. Mind you, slagging off the opposition in PMQs does not win elections as Howard and Hague found out, hence Cameron's initial announcement of no more P&J politics.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Well, DC and TB have to wear ties of different colours because noone can tell the difference between their policies...

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                  Yes, instead of mentioning Cameron, I should have just said that Blair let one in, which is more to the point than whoever "scored".
                  Originally posted by mailman
                  Why cant the opposition concentrate on actually offering something constructive instead of trying to score political points at every chance they get?
                  Eh? Every chance they get? This is the first time the new Tory boy has done it. Everybody knows that he is offering very constructive support for Tony Blair's proposed reforms.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    I think if he sprinkles a little bit here and there then it should liven things up a little. Mind you, slagging off the opposition in PMQs does not win elections as Howard and Hague found out
                    Howard and Hague (as well as IDS who did not get a chance) failed for far more fundamental reasons than their performance in the House, however it is clear that good performance there is much better than bad one like new Lib Dems acting leader had the other week.

I've been reading PMQs for some time and noticed that Blair tends to "answer" questions in a way that would basically say - your party or even you (the opponent) voted for this while you were in power, so its your fault. This can't work with Cameron since he has got his hands pretty clean, this is a big neutralising point that seems to rattle Blair a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X