PDA

View Full Version : Have they still not found 'im yet ??

moorfield
8th July 2010, 11:11
FFS those police helicopters aren't much good are they.

suityou01
8th July 2010, 11:46
FFS those police helicopters aren't much good are they.

Only a bad workman blames his tools. :rolleyes:

threaded
8th July 2010, 11:49
Well, there's Footy and the Tour de France to fill up most of the news, so I don't think they'll catch him until after the final and the TdF has calmed down.

Joe90
8th July 2010, 11:53
All of those coppers need to get back to their desks. He's here; Raoul Moat (raoulontherun) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/raoulontherun)

Pondlife
8th July 2010, 11:57
All of those coppers need to get back to their desks. He's here; Raoul Moat (raoulontherun) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/raoulontherun)

Managed to escape Rothbury in a rozzers' uniform. Clever, ah? Dunnae how they didn't spot the massive fockin' fish I was carryin', ther'.

minestrone
8th July 2010, 12:03
Well, there's Footy and the Tour de France to fill up most of the news, so I don't think they'll catch him until after the final and the TdF has calmed down.

They should turn that stuff off with the raoulmoat control.

Zippy
8th July 2010, 12:08
Mr minestrone's coat please.

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 19:39
They should turn that stuff off with the raoulmoat control.

They have offered a £10k reward if he is caught today.
If not, tomorrow it goes up to £20K.....................................a Raoulover!!

IGMC

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 19:51
They have offered a £10k reward if he is caught today.
If not, tomorrow it goes up to £20K.....................................a Raoulover!!

IGMC

I understand he's hiding in one place that the police will never be able to get into.

Shaunbhoys wallet. :eyes

centurian
8th July 2010, 19:53

The account has been suspended already...

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 20:01
I understand he's hiding in one place that the police will never be able to get into.

Shaunbhoys wallet. :eyes

There would be little point. It is emptier than Paddy's head!!

:frown

MarillionFan
8th July 2010, 20:02
There would be little point. It is emptier than Paddy's head!!

:frown

A scottish soldier in full dress marches into a pharmacy to speak to the chemist.
He opens his sporran and pulls out a neatly folded cotton handkerchief and unfolds it to reveal a smaller silk square which he also unfolds to reveal a condom.
The condom has a number of patches on it .He holds it up and eyes it critically.
''So how much to repair it ?'' he asks the pharmacist .''six pence says the pharmacist .
How much for a new one ?''Ten pence says the pharmacist.
The Scot folds the condom into the silk square and the cotton handkerchief and marches out the door of the pharmacy .
a moment or two later the pharmacist hears a great shout go up .followed by an even bigger roar .
The Scottish soldier walks in and says :'' The regiment has taken a vote ...we'll have a new one.

shaunbhoy
8th July 2010, 20:09
A scottish soldier in full dress marches into a pharmacy to speak to the chemist.
He opens his sporran and pulls out a neatly folded cotton handkerchief and unfolds it to reveal a smaller silk square which he also unfolds to reveal a condom.
The condom has a number of patches on it .He holds it up and eyes it critically.
''So how much to repair it ?'' he asks the pharmacist .''six pence says the pharmacist .
How much for a new one ?''Ten pence says the pharmacist.
The Scot folds the condom into the silk square and the cotton handkerchief and marches out the door of the pharmacy .
a moment or two later the pharmacist hears a great shout go up .followed by an even bigger roar .
The Scottish soldier walks in and says :'' The regiment has taken a vote ...we'll have a new one.

Reminds me of the old tale of the Aberdonian that returns home to his parents house after spending a few years down in London. He is carrying a large suitcase, and after telling them how wonderfully well he has done, he opens the case, and it is chock full of £20 pound notes. He takes 2 out and gives them one each and says "That is just my way of saying Thanks for all you have done for me!"
The father turns to the mother and says "Hey Isabel, this is great. It means we can now get married!"
The son says "What? You mean you two are not married?"
The mum says "Oh no son, we could never afford to"
So the son retorts indignantly "Well, you realise what that makes me, don't you?"
"Aye" says the Dad "And a right stingey one too!!"

moorfield
9th July 2010, 09:20
Surely time to send off the SAS trainees to hunt 'im down now, that's what they do on the documentaries anyway.

OwlHoot
9th July 2010, 09:46
Surely time to send off the SAS trainees to hunt 'im down now, that's what they do on the documentaries anyway.

SAS?!

All they need is a line of constables with bloodhounds and whistles and guns, like the 39 Steps, and they'd have caught him a week ago! :mad

shaunbhoy
9th July 2010, 09:50
SAS?!

All they need is a line of constables with bloodhounds and whistles and guns, like the 39 Steps, and they'd have caught him a week ago! :mad

They would have done that, but the overtime won't get signed off. Besides, if they leave the Police HQ they'll never get a parking space again.

HTH

rsingh
9th July 2010, 09:55
SAS?!

Who drew First Blood? I hear some of the deputies were being kind of rough on him...

gingerjedi
9th July 2010, 10:02
SAS?!

Minority report style? He was an innocent man a week ago. :tongue

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 10:06
How difficult is it to find a fat Ginger twat in the countryside. It's not as if he will be in the sun as his pasty skin will burn, so look in the woods!!!

TimberWolf
9th July 2010, 10:11
What happened to our indigenous UK trackers who could follow a trail of ginger footprints and broken grass stems? Is this yet another sorry tale of local expertise going abroad for good? What about bloodhounds?

Paddy
9th July 2010, 10:13
from bbc News

CCTV image of Moat was only released six days after it was recorded.

On 2 July, police received a warning from Durham prison that Moat planned to harm his ex-girlfriend.

Moat was recorded on CCTV in a Newcastle shop on Friday - the day before Miss Stobbart and Mr Brown were shot - but these images were only released as police reissued an appeal for help from the public on Thursday.

IMoat visited a friend at 2330 BST on Saturday to deliver a letter but that friend was not kept under surveillance so that when Moat returned to deliver a second letter the police were not there.

And an armed robbery at a fish and chip shop in Seaton Delaval, near Blyth, on Monday night was not formally linked to the hunt for Moat until Wednesday.

A robbery at this fish shop on Monday was connected to Moat two days later Police only released details of Moat's getaway car, a black Lexus, on Tuesday morning and they got an immediate response. Rothbury resident Isabelle Wilson noticed the car while walking her dogs and contacted the police after hearing their appeal.

That led to the search for Moat focussing on Rothbury, yet police were slow to respond to a farmer's report of smoke from what turned out to be the gunman's campsite.

Then on Tuesday night a house was broken into. Armed police responded and checked the property but did not keep watch over it afterwards and it was later broken into again.

minestrone
9th July 2010, 10:14
Can they not just get 20 rednecks from the Alabama swamps and 4 bloodhounds?

That always works.

threaded
9th July 2010, 10:24
What happened to our indigenous UK trackers who could follow a trail of ginger footprints and broken grass stems? Is this yet another sorry tale of local expertise going abroad for good? What about bloodhounds?

Actually you're quite spot on with that comment...:bluelight

In one branch of the 'law enforcement industry' the New Lie made it, if not illegal, very uncertain if it was, to do certain types of forensic work, so the guys upped sticks. There're several that work from Denmark/Sweden now that I know.

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 10:32
Can they not just get 20 rednecks from the Alabama swamps and 4 bloodhounds?

That always works.

I bet your glad the government ploughed all that money into the National DNA Database hey Minestrone?

Really helped here hasn't it!:eyes:eyes:eyes:eyes:eyes

Doggy Styles
9th July 2010, 11:41
I think we should all take precautions at work in case he suddenly appears.

+++STOP PRESS+++
He is not under my desk, I just looked.

fullyautomatix
9th July 2010, 11:54
The plod are too busy ticking boxes and signing off papers to make sure that they meet the targets. The sooner these Labour inventions are ridden off the better. Half the force is doing paperwork rather than fight crime.

In my county they have built a new head quarters for the police and the maintenance is 'outsourced' to a private company. This means that even if it a basic task of refilling the bog rolls, the police have to go through ten steps. Earlier it used to a chap going across to the local shop and getting a new roll. Now it is , filling in a request form, sending for approval, request logged in database, outsourced company acknowledges request etc etc.

Zippy
9th July 2010, 11:58
The plod are too busy ticking boxes and signing off papers to make sure that they meet the targets. The sooner these Labour inventions are ridden off the better. Half the force is doing paperwork rather than fight crime.

In my county they have built a new head quarters for the police and the maintenance is 'outsourced' to a private company. This means that even if it a basic task of refilling the bog rolls, the police have to go through ten steps. Earlier it used to a chap going across to the local shop and getting a new roll. Now it is , filling in a request form, sending for approval, request logged in database, outsourced company acknowledges request etc etc.

And they charge you £20 for the bog roll.

OwlHoot
9th July 2010, 13:15
He is not under my desk, I just looked.

Was that just an excuse to ogle the good looking lady sitting at the desk opposite?

Pervert! :spank:

(Oh hang on, sorry, I was thinking of Wilmslow)

Doggy Styles
9th July 2010, 13:20
Was that just an excuse to ogle the good looking lady sitting at the desk opposite?

Pervert! :spank:Yes. And she is Finnish.:D

Sysman
9th July 2010, 13:50
And they charge you, the council tax payer, £20 for the bog roll.

FTFY.

HairyArsedBloke
9th July 2010, 14:21
Latest - GOT: Search for Raoul Moat called off (http://grumpyoldtwat.blogspot.com/2010/07/search-for-raoul-moat-called-off.html)

Some might say that it's NSFW, but it's fine at my place of work. I've checked with the boss and he says it's OK.

Sysman
9th July 2010, 14:43
Latest - GOT: Search for Raoul Moat called off (http://grumpyoldtwat.blogspot.com/2010/07/search-for-raoul-moat-called-off.html)

Some might say that it's NSFW, but it's fine at my place of work. I've checked with the boss and he says it's OK.

The truth is out:

"We are especially pleased that Paul the Psychic Octopus has joined us" said Sim "We now believe this investigation has legs".

PRC1964
9th July 2010, 15:00
The truth is out:

Psychic Octopus (http://psychic-octopus.com/)

SizeZero
9th July 2010, 18:08
(Disclaimer: Vine-induced-philosophy)

I'm starting to think there's a very ghoulish aspect about this. It seems we (even if we is only me and the media) are starting to enjoy this hunt as the pursued continually outsmarts the pursuers, in the same way we like to see the fox outwit the toffs on horseback. This guy is a murderer and as such is not deserving of any sympathy: the police are there to protect us and therefore we should support their efforts to capture a fugitive and protect the innocent..... although I find myself unable to concentrate on this fact as I'm mesmorised by the horrific 80s hairstyle of the police spokeswoman).

Anyone wish to place a bet on how much longer he'll be at large? Anyone betting it will emerge he'll have had some kind of 'special' military/survival training in the past? And although it's poor form to say it.. anyone reckon he'll live long enough to face trial?

NickFitz
9th July 2010, 19:50
It's OK, the Keystone Kops are on the case (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10582418.stm):

Eye-witness Judith Ellis said that two police cars collided in their efforts to get to the scene, which she described as "mayhem".

PRC1964
9th July 2010, 20:09
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/127276151.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278707166&Signature=jjYyv%2BHmQTQIlYKBew7G1GqssYY%3D

OwlHoot
9th July 2010, 21:16

Anyone betting it will emerge he'll have had some kind of 'special' military/survival training in the past? ...

There's a long thread about him on the ARRSE (Army Rumour Service) forum here (http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/137251-raoul-moat.html).

Haven't read it yet, but it will be quite interesting to hear what the squaddies have to say, especially as the days ticked by while he remained at large.

Doggy Styles
9th July 2010, 22:18
Latest - GOT: Search for Raoul Moat called off (http://grumpyoldtwat.blogspot.com/2010/07/search-for-raoul-moat-called-off.html)There's something reassuring about a picture of a cyberman on the case, but I'm buggered if I know why.

NickFitz
10th July 2010, 01:51
Game Over (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10583839.stm)

:(

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 14:02
I'm still waiting for a Police statement claiming that he shot himself in the head................4 times.

:rollin:

MarillionFan
10th July 2010, 14:10
I'm still waiting for a Police statement claiming that he shot himself in the head................4 times.

:rollin:

I'm more interested in where Paul Gascoigne is going to turn up next. There isn't a G8 conference any time is there???

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 16:11
I'm more interested in where Paul Gascoigne is going to turn up next.

The next FatGeordieWifeBeaters get together I expect.

d000hg
11th July 2010, 07:49
They're saying they tasered him twice (so they could arrest him for his own safety :)) but he still managed to shoot himself? Tough bloke...

shaunbhoy
11th July 2010, 11:51
They're saying they tasered him twice (so they could arrest him for his own safety :)) but he still managed to shoot himself? Tough bloke...

Yeah maybe..........but sounds like he is no great loss in terms of social harmony. If we were all to go around shooting anyone that had been unfaithful, we would scarcely have anyone left in the House of Commons! Hey?? That gives me an idea! :tongue :tongue

TimberWolf
21st July 2010, 23:01

Raoul Moat manhunt enlisted Ray Mears | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/21/raoul-moat-manhunt-ray-mears)

moorfield
22nd July 2010, 07:35
Raoul Moat manhunt enlisted Ray Mears | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/21/raoul-moat-manhunt-ray-mears)

Excellent. When's the TV series coming out? Ray Mears hunts Nutters.