• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh bugger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh bugger

Finished handover at clientco last week to start new contract this week at new clientco. Now new clientco has reneged on deal as 'shareholders haven't freed up project budget'.

If there's one thing I f**king hate, it's when people don't stick to their word.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Finished handover at clientco last week to start new contract this week at new clientco. Now new clientco has reneged on deal as 'shareholders haven't freed up project budget'.

If there's one thing I f**king hate, it's when people don't stick to their word.
    But you have a contract right? Are they trying to push your start date out or leave you high and dry?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      But you have a contract right? Are they trying to push your start date out or leave you high and dry?
      I have a contract, but it starts next week, so is not yet valid. Yep, they're leaving me high and dry effectively; they say they won't have the budget in the next 3 months and then shareholder demands complete new selection of suppliers.

Comment

Arse
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

tulipty when that happens. I take you were to go direct with Clientco two?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            tulipty when that happens. I take you were to go direct with Clientco two?
            No; agent was my old boss. What a bunch of tossers.

Comment

I have a contract, but it starts next week, so is not yet valid. Yep, they're leaving me high and dry effectively; they say they won't have the budget in the next 3 months and then shareholder demands complete new selection of suppliers.
              Sorry to hear that Mich. Fingers crossed for you finding something else ASAP.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Dam.. Sorry fella. Not good. Fingers crossed for something quick.

To Doobab... Contract is worthless though isn't it?. They only pay you for the work you do. No work, no pay. Contract becomes a bit meaningless at this point. If they really wanted to play it by the book they serve notice while you don't earn a penny.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Dam.. Sorry fella. Not good. Fingers crossed for something quick.

To Doobab... Contract is worthless though isn't it?. They only pay you for the work you do. No work, no pay. Contract becomes a bit meaningless at this point. If they really wanted to play it by the book they serve notice while you don't earn a penny.
                  @Mich It is annoying, and they are @rseholes.

@NL A contract is a contract, so it depends what it says. I would expect to bill for the whole notice period, regardless of whether I am doing anything useful. I've only ever had notice once, and I worked part of the notice period, but I got the money for the whole 30 days (you can tell this was a while back).
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X