• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contract...

Although I'm doing 2 contracts (3 days in place, 2 days in the other) at the moment, just got another one in Zurich. Get a telephone call on Tuesday, said I'm interested. Spoke to the company on Wednesday morning (no interview, just going over some details), confirmed in the afternoon and contracted e-mailed to me this morning. Trouble is, its only for 1 day so I gave them a really high rate but they bargained me down a bit but the client will pay all expenses. Also I might be able to do it from home as all I have to do is give a demonstration and information exchange on a product (apparently I'm the only contractor in the whole of Europe who knows anything about this product from big name software company, even internally they don't have anyone!) but they would like a demonstration of the software but I don't have although I'm trying to get it and if I do then I'll go to Zurich for the weekend (the expenses will definitely cover that.) Worked there before and had quite a good time.

I'm knackered...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Although I'm doing 2 contracts (3 days in place, 2 days in the other) at the moment, just got another one in Zurich. Get a telephone call on Tuesday, said I'm interested. Spoke to the company on Wednesday morning (no interview, just going over some details), confirmed in the afternoon and contracted e-mailed to me this morning. Trouble is, its only for 1 day so I gave them a really high rate but they bargained me down a bit but the client will pay all expenses. Also I might be able to do it from home as all I have to do is give a demonstration and information exchange on a product (apparently I'm the only contractor in the whole of Europe who knows anything about this product from big name software company, even internally they don't have anyone!) but they would like a demonstration of the software but I don't have although I'm trying to get it and if I do then I'll go to Zurich for the weekend (the expenses will definitely cover that.) Worked there before and had quite a good time.

I'm knackered...
    This time next year Rodders!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      This time next year Rodders!!
      This time next month Got called up today asking if I had free capacity to go down to Zürich in September and October to install/configure/whatever this software for a number of companies. Of course I replied, I shall make time. It sometimes pays to do these little one day contracts as they'll grow...So 2-3 days a week I'll be speaking Schweizerisch (actually it'll all be in English thankfully.)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Access is a dying skill. It's good you still have it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Eh?

Comment

I'm knackered...
            Originally posted by Lightship
            Just keep on thinking of the dosh that you're going to leave to the rest of your family.
            FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Eh?
              weak attempt at humour
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X