• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How inconsiderate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How inconsiderate?

One of many unhappy motorists......

Commuters hit by long motorway delays - Manchester Evening News

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Nah, had similar delays before. Get out the laptop and a cold drink from the fridge. No probs.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was stuck in this

I would have quite happily walked up the junction and pushed the pillock off so they could clean him up and get the traffic moving quicker.

This happened to me 2 years ago on the first day back after xmas (2nd Jan I think it was) on a bridge over the M62 just where the M621 cuts off. 2 and bit hours delay on first journey to work. Chuffin great.

If they were serious they would catch a bus up to suicide bridge over the M62 near Saddleworth and do the job properly.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well this happened last year.

Suicidal Man Pushed from Bridge by Onlooker
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just been asked to go and investigate a problem in central Newquay. The A30 on a friday afternoon in July!!!!!!
          Still.............overtime kicks in at 4 o'clock!!

Kerchinnnnggggg!!!!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I won't be asking any of you to cheer me up next time I'm feeling down.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Just been asked to go and investigate a problem in central Newquay. The A30 on a friday afternoon in July!!!!!!
              Still.............overtime kicks in at 4 o'clock!!

Kerchinnnnggggg!!!!!!!

Cool. I'll get some posts in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I won't be asking any of you to cheer me up next time I'm feeling down.
                Don't worry Zippy - as long as you don't actually inconvenience us you're safe....

We are all very sympathetic and caring.... as long as you don't make us 5 mins late....

Comment

I have been known to shout '******* idiot! Learn to drive' at people who have been in accidents after I eventually pass after a long delay.

It's Darwinian evolution!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I was stuck in this

I would have quite happily walked up the junction and pushed the pillock off so they could clean him up and get the traffic moving quicker.

This happened to me 2 years ago on the first day back after xmas (2nd Jan I think it was) on a bridge over the M62 just where the M621 cuts off. 2 and bit hours delay on first journey to work. Chuffin great.

If they were serious they would catch a bus up to suicide bridge over the M62 near Saddleworth and do the job properly.
                    The roads are congested and we can expect delays for a number of reasons. Most delays are cause by motorists taking risks to get a few seconds ahead because they are in a hurry. You are not doing yourself any favour by getting frustrated and angry through delays. Fit you car out so that you are comfortable, occupied or entertained during any hold-ups. I would also recommend having a car with full climate control so it is not sucking in traffic fumes while in traffic jams on a hot day.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X