PDA

View Full Version : How inconsiderate?

Wilmslow
9th July 2010, 10:16
One of many unhappy motorists......

Commuters hit by long motorway delays - Manchester Evening News (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/transport/s/1295514_commuters_hit_by_long_motorway_delays?rss= yes&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+menews%2Fnews+%28News+-+Manchester+Evening+News+-+RSS+Feed%29)

Paddy
9th July 2010, 10:28
One of many unhappy motorists......

Commuters hit by long motorway delays - Manchester Evening News (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/transport/s/1295514_commuters_hit_by_long_motorway_delays?rss= yes&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+menews%2Fnews+%28News+-+Manchester+Evening+News+-+RSS+Feed%29)

Nah, had similar delays before. Get out the laptop and a cold drink from the fridge. No probs.

northernladuk
9th July 2010, 10:33
I was stuck in this :tantrum:

I would have quite happily walked up the junction and pushed the pillock off so they could clean him up and get the traffic moving quicker.

This happened to me 2 years ago on the first day back after xmas (2nd Jan I think it was) on a bridge over the M62 just where the M621 cuts off. 2 and bit hours delay on first journey to work. Chuffin great.

If they were serious they would catch a bus up to suicide bridge over the M62 near Saddleworth and do the job properly.

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 10:50
Well this happened last year.

Suicidal Man Pushed from Bridge by Onlooker (http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/05/23/suicidal-man-pushed-bridge-onlooker/)

shaunbhoy
9th July 2010, 10:52
Just been asked to go and investigate a problem in central Newquay. The A30 on a friday afternoon in July!!!!!!
Still.............overtime kicks in at 4 o'clock!!

Kerchinnnnggggg!!!!!!!

:banana:

Zippy
9th July 2010, 10:54
I won't be asking any of you to cheer me up next time I'm feeling down. :laugh

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 10:55
Just been asked to go and investigate a problem in central Newquay. The A30 on a friday afternoon in July!!!!!!
Still.............overtime kicks in at 4 o'clock!!

Kerchinnnnggggg!!!!!!!

:banana:

Cool. I'll get some posts in.:tongue

Drewster
9th July 2010, 10:57
I won't be asking any of you to cheer me up next time I'm feeling down. :laugh

Don't worry Zippy - as long as you don't actually inconvenience us you're safe....

We are all very sympathetic and caring.... as long as you don't make us 5 mins late....

MarillionFan
9th July 2010, 11:00
I have been known to shout '******* idiot! Learn to drive' at people who have been in accidents after I eventually pass after a long delay.

It's Darwinian evolution!

Paddy
9th July 2010, 11:15
I was stuck in this :tantrum:

I would have quite happily walked up the junction and pushed the pillock off so they could clean him up and get the traffic moving quicker.

This happened to me 2 years ago on the first day back after xmas (2nd Jan I think it was) on a bridge over the M62 just where the M621 cuts off. 2 and bit hours delay on first journey to work. Chuffin great.

If they were serious they would catch a bus up to suicide bridge over the M62 near Saddleworth and do the job properly.

The roads are congested and we can expect delays for a number of reasons. Most delays are cause by motorists taking risks to get a few seconds ahead because they are in a hurry. You are not doing yourself any favour by getting frustrated and angry through delays. Fit you car out so that you are comfortable, occupied or entertained during any hold-ups. I would also recommend having a car with full climate control so it is not sucking in traffic fumes while in traffic jams on a hot day.

MaryPoppins
9th July 2010, 11:26
I have been known to shout '******* idiot! Learn to drive' at people who have been in accidents after I eventually pass after a long delay.

Nice. :rolleyes: