PDA

View Full Version : Yoga

pacharan
9th July 2010, 11:42
Anyone here done yoga or TM before? Further to my post the other day, I believe these disciplines are effective in focusing the mind. Just wondering how much you have to put in before you get anything out.

Paddy
9th July 2010, 12:14
Anyone here done yoga or TM before? Further to my post the other day, I believe these disciplines are effective in focusing the mind. Just wondering how much you have to put in before you get anything out.

yes, Greek with fruit.

TimberWolf
9th July 2010, 13:01
Yoga is for beginners. To reach true enlightenment you need to do that one where they jump up and down with their legs crossed. I think David Icke practised that one(?) and he became Jesus.

norrahe
9th July 2010, 13:32

lots, it is not a quick method

MaryPoppins
9th July 2010, 13:34

Nah. Go for a jog instead - easier on the brain and less of a risk of breaking wind in front of a room full of strangers.

TimberWolf
9th July 2010, 13:54
Nah. Go for a jog instead - easier on the brain and less of a risk of breaking wind in front of a room full of strangers.

:spel strange people :eyes

pacharan
9th July 2010, 15:30
:spel strange people :eyes

That seeems a bit harsh. I once went on a Yoga taster weekend in the Brecon Beacons & everyone there was quite normal. Apart from myself, there were a couple of schoolteachers, a psychologist, some social workers and an "aspiring" actor.

thunderlizard
9th July 2010, 16:16
If you are considering getting life coaching to become successful and yoga to focus your mind, you are probably looking beyond the capabilities of this forum. People on here are more concerned with maintaining a humdrum high 5-/low 6-figure income and paying off a mortgage on the semi-detatched. You'll frighten them if you aim any higher.

OwlHoot
9th July 2010, 17:54
I once worked with a lady who did what she called "head massages", and when she talked about it I had the impression she was hinting I might like to volunteer for one.

But somehow it didn't seem very appealing, mainly because one's head is solid bone. So what is the point? If she had said shoulder massage or, you know, anything else I would have jumped at the chance. She was very good looking too.

Durbs
9th July 2010, 18:53
mainly because one's head is solid bone. So what is the point?

Its the pressure points innit. Like acupuncture (of which i had a few sessions when trying to give up smoking and it was, bizarrely, a quite pleasant feeling if you didn't look at the ruddy great needles).

doodab
9th July 2010, 19:11
I once worked with a lady who did what she called "head massages", and when she talked about it I had the impression she was hinting I might like to volunteer for one.

But somehow it didn't seem very appealing, mainly because one's head is solid bone. So what is the point? If she had said shoulder massage or, you know, anything else I would have jumped at the chance. She was very good looking too.

Yours might be but mine is a bony shell with a brain inside.

The point of the head massage is to initiate physical contact in an innocuous form. It's called flirting.

TimberWolf
9th July 2010, 22:59

Did she call it "giving head"?

norrahe
9th July 2010, 23:22
[QUOTE=doodab;1167222It's called flirting.[/QUOTE]

No, I think she called it massage. :grin

OwlHoot
9th July 2010, 23:57
Yours might be but mine is a bony shell with a brain inside.

The point of the head massage is to initiate physical contact in an innocuous form. It's called flirting.

In that case her mother should have told her that with some guys you can never be too obvious. :emb

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 14:06

You didn't take the time to pinpoint just what "head" she may have had in mind then OwlHoot? Might have been a missed opportunity.

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 14:08
I once went on a Yoga taster weekend in the Brecon Beacons

Just how does one find out that such opportunities might be available?? Is it in the ads section of "Yoga Monthly" or something?

:eek

SofaKingdom
10th July 2010, 14:23
Just how does one find out that such opportunities might be available?? Is it in the ads section of "Yoga Monthly" or something?

Instead of just selling the magazines why not ask someone to explain what the pictures in your big issue mean?

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 16:09
Instead of just selling the magazines why not ask someone to explain what the pictures in your big issue mean?

You are only jealous because the Big Issue recruiters told you they would not allow you to sell them without a full makeover.

pacharan
10th July 2010, 17:05

Actually, my auntie saw the ad in her copy of Psychic News and told me about it

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 19:00
Actually, my auntie saw the ad in her copy of Psychic News and told me about it

Would one need a copy of "Psychic News"??