• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone going to volunteer to help at the 2012 Olympics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to volunteer to help at the 2012 Olympics?

Just wondered.

I thought about it when it was first mentioned, not sure I'll do more than that...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Just wondered.

I thought about it when it was first mentioned, not sure I'll do more than that...
    Yep. Have registered.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Rightio, have added my name too.

There'll probably be loads ahead of me, but who knows?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think if you have any language skills, knowledge of the city or knowledge of the sports involved you are in with a very good chance. I'm happy to do the Paralympics too.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Is this what you mean.... not sure about McDonald's training though

Thousands of volunteers are to be recruited and trained for the 2012 London Olympics.
          Fast food giant McDonald's will help take on 70,000 so-called Games Makers from across the UK.

London 2012 chairman Lord Coe said they would be trained to ensure the event was an "unforgettable experience".

Of McDonald's he said: "There are few organisations with the... experience required to prepare such a large team in a relatively short space of time."
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

No, and I don't intend to.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Just wondered.

Yes. Put down I would like to offer my time to take out any foreign teenage girls on a cultural sight seeing tour of London.

I did state no Spanish though. I hate facial hair...
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I believe AtW has volunteered to catch any stray javelins in the Track and Field section, and threaded has offered to double as the inflatable crash mat for the pole vault.
                Sofakingdom has volunteered to be a "fluffer" for the dressage horses, and I have put myself forward as a Masseuse for the various lady gymnasts that might need a rub down after going through their routines. Can't wait to get started!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I have put myself forward as a Masseuse for the various lady gymnasts that might need a rub down after going through their routines. Can't wait to get started!!

"female gymnasts are typically ready to compete at the international level by their mid-teens."

Source: Artistic gymnastics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record- I have not volunteered to do anything there - in fact I'll try my best to stay away from London in 2012 as much as possible...

Comment

Hell no.

You probably end up doing something boring when you want to watch something else on the telly or real-life.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X