• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Come on!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Come on!

Doubts over Sex Offenders in NHS

Well the witch hunt is on isnt it.
    How many sex offenders working in the NHS? How many leave near schools? How many teach? How many have days out to the seaside near children? How many go to the shops each week?

This is getting a little silly. It looks like political point scoring on this is going to go ridiculous. We all dislike big brother, but for this information to be available we will all have to register.

But hang on, its not just sex offenders is it. I mean murderers!, theyve done it once they could do it again! Are Rapists on the list, or is it just against kiddies. Or how about druggies, burglers, violent individuals. I want to know if the bloke sat next to me could go postal. Deport them all I Say!

FFS
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Well, I for one would welcome people who have points on their license to have some visual notification attached prominently on their cars so I have a warning they drive like twats without having to discover such.

Long vehicles have a sign saying "Long vehicle", so why not a "drives like a twat" sign as well?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Totally agree, MF. All of a sudden it looks like Monkeydust's Paedofinder General sketch is no longer that far from reality.

Before we know it the clamour will be on to know how many sex offenders are working at the local Kwik Fit.

Comment

>I want to know if the bloke sat next to me could go postal.

The bloke who sits next to you wants to know as well, and his need is far greater than yours...

>Well, I for one would welcome people who have points on their license to have some visual notification attached prominently on their cars so I have a warning they drive like twats without having to discover such.

There is such a device, it's a Lamborghini badge.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The answer is obvious

get all the paedos and make them work in old peoples homes
          get all the murderers and make them work in cemetries or morgues
          get all the illegal immigrants and boil them down to make wellies

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

what's your problem with this, MF? Hospital workers can be in contact with children who need treatment.
            I think what they're saying is that sex offenders should have, in effect, a sentence for life. Very unlike our judicial system where, when you've done your time, you're free to go as you please. But in the case of sex offenders, the sentence never ends. And I agree with it - I don't believe that a sex offender is "safe" to be released again. These guys are sick and will be sick forever, so it's good that some people are calling for them to be tarred for life
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

You are damn right the witch hunt is on and its being driven by the tabloids!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                what's your problem with this, MF? Hospital workers can be in contact with children who need treatment.
                I think what they're saying is that sex offenders should have, in effect, a sentence for life. Very unlike our judicial system where, when you've done your time, you're free to go as you please. But in the case of sex offenders, the sentence never ends. And I agree with it - I don't believe that a sex offender is "safe" to be released again. These guys are sick and will be sick forever, so it's good that some people are calling for them to be tarred for life
                A problem with this is that a 16 year old boy who "has" a 15 year old girlfriend will go on the register if caught. They're not in the same league as Gary Glitter or Jonathan King.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Well, I for one would welcome people who have points on their license to have some visual notification attached prominently on their cars so I have a warning they drive like twats without having to discover such.

Threaded Old Boy, they do!

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                    A problem with this is that a 16 year old boy who "has" a 15 year old girlfriend will go on the register if caught. They're not in the same league as Gary Glitter or Jonathan King.

The "Coronation Street" masses are about to discover this...
                    (Not that I watch Coronation Street, <ahem>Mrs Churchill does...)

Comment

Working...
                    X