PDA

View Full Version : Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C

scooterscot
10th July 2010, 09:25
A chap at work reckons I need to go to a museum cause they have air con.
:cool2:

DaveB
10th July 2010, 11:20

To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"

MarillionFan
10th July 2010, 11:36
To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"

I tried penguin burger once while on a trip to see the Northern lights. I was travelling with the Danish Queen and the Tauntaun we were riding froze to death. All I had was a replica light saber from IKEA, a packet of Penguin biscuits and a frying pan.

I rustled up a meal fit for royalty. Delicious and we were rescued the next morning.

Threaded.:eyes

Sysman
10th July 2010, 11:46

The river is looking favourite for me.

scooterscot
10th July 2010, 14:27
36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.

Doggy Styles
10th July 2010, 14:45
I've just been swanning around the French Riviera where it was like that every day. Coming back to a mere 30 deg C in the UK is a relief.

Drewster
10th July 2010, 15:02
Pah!! 31C - I laugh at 31C......

Minimum night time temp is about that.....

True - I only spend about 30 seconds between buildings and Taxi in the open... other than that its AirCon all the way.......

Sysman
10th July 2010, 19:08
36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.

31° C here at the moment, and I hear thunder. Hopefully that'll bring a bit of rain to cool us down through the night.

I tried a bar which has a/c earlier on. Tough, the a/c had packed up, but the beer was cool.

Lots of nicely tanned cleavage to admire though.

shaunbhoy
10th July 2010, 19:29
36C now we're cooking.

Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

:wink

scooterscot
10th July 2010, 19:45
Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

:wink

Got twelve bottles of cider in the fridge instead. Ice cubes are all gone within a couple of minutes

Think my scalp is leaking in this humidity...

Sysman
11th July 2010, 09:26
I'm toying with the idea of going into work. It might be cooler there.

Inside temp 29.6. Outside - oh, the sun has just hit the window sill so that thermometer is climbing rapidly as I type.

It did rain last night, but I got off lightly (http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/Storms_leave_trail_of_damage.html?cid=17381140&rss=true).

scooterscot
11th July 2010, 11:29
34c when I got up this morning :eek

Now it's hitting 37... streets are quite. Either everyone is taken to the lakes (likely) or sheltering indoors like myself.

norrahe
11th July 2010, 12:20
Thankfully it's cooler today