• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh > Oban on the train, direct, should be a nice trip - limited time only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh > Oban on the train, direct, should be a nice trip - limited time only

EDINBURGH - OBAN DIRECT ON SUMMER SUNDAYS | ScotRail
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sounds like quite a pleasant day out. Provided the Wee Frees have not insisted on all the pubs being shut in Oban on the Sabbath.

Right up gricerboy's street I would think, although tricky getting there on time from W-S-M I'd imagine.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It looks gorgeous, what is to do there? Is it just a nice place to potter about?

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
        It looks gorgeous, what is to do there? Is it just a nice place to potter about?
        It is so dull around most of these places humping your sister is a legitimate pastime.

Of course they will tell you that they have a great community but that is because they have nothing to do but go down the pub and speak crap all night about how Jimmy the taxi driver got a puncture again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
          The getting there stunning in it's own right if you get the good weather. The train is not exactly fast moving.

At this time of year some of the most stunning sunsets,

Good food if you fine the right place,

Macaigs folly is a nice spot to walk up to

I can think of a couple of restaurants that are well worth a visit

Oban Seafood restaurant Argyll Scotland - Ee-Usk

Coast Restaurant (The one I'd chose)
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The only decent pub in Oban was boarded up last time I was there a couple of months ago. In years gone by had some great gigs there.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
            X