PDA

View Full Version : Would someone go to the shop

cnch
11th July 2010, 21:20
and get me some ciggies? :happy

shaunbhoy
11th July 2010, 21:22
and get me some ciggies? :happy

No. They are very bad for you and make you smell like an old babooshka!!

HTH

cnch
11th July 2010, 21:28
No. They are very bad for you and make you smell like an old babooshka!!

HTH

Possibly, but at least I have a vague idea as to what I will die from ... and given I have made no provision for my old age.... the sooner the better.

So you aren't going to do it..... anyone else?

vetran
11th July 2010, 22:51
think of yer lungs. more tar than the M1

Three weeks & counting!!

gingerjedi
12th July 2010, 07:11
Possibly, but at least I have a vague idea as to what I will die from ... and given I have made no provision for my old age.... the sooner the better.

So you aren't going to do it..... anyone else?

Why don't you just blow your head off, it would save us the cost of care during your long slow suffocating death. :)

SupremeSpod
12th July 2010, 07:28
Why don't you just blow your head off, it would save us the cost of care during your long slow suffocating death. :)

And reading half the shite (s)he posts.

Still, Drewster seems to be enjoying himself.

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 12:09
And reading half the shite (s)he posts.

:laugh (WSS)

Drewster
12th July 2010, 15:09
And reading half the tulipe (s)he posts.

:laugh (WSS)

We'll just ignore them cnch!! :hug:

FFS Why does any newbee stick it out in this place?
How to "welcome" a newbee CUK stylee
a) Ignore
b) Accuse of being sockie
c) Abuse
d) re-accuse of being sockie
e) More abuse
f) Firmly in Bedwetter/Troll/Arsewipe grouping
g) Laugh at
h) Laugh with
i) Grudging acceptance
j) b-h at random (ie a regular)

I think anywhere from 1-3 thousand posts gets you into level i

with the exception of Suity who stalled at e

cnch
12th July 2010, 17:20

How to "welcome" a newbee CUK stylee
a) Ignore
b) Accuse of being sockie
c) Abuse
d) re-accuse of being sockie
e) More abuse
f) Firmly in Bedwetter/Troll/Arsewipe grouping
g) Laugh at
h) Laugh with
i) Grudging acceptance
j) b-h at random (ie a regular)

I think anywhere from 1-3 thousand posts gets you into level i

with the exception of Suity who stalled at e

Ahh, thank you Drewster. :hug:
I was going to take the normal stance I do with people who are so obviously afflicted with a mental disorder and ignore SupremeSod, etc.

gingerjedi
12th July 2010, 17:33
Ahh, thank you Drewster. :hug:
I was going to take the normal stance I do with people who are so obviously afflicted with a mental disorder and ignore SupremeSod, etc.

<pious ex smoker mode>Your the one thats killing yourself, mental. </pious ex smoker mode> :wink

cnch
12th July 2010, 17:36
<pious ex smoker mode>Your the one thats killing yourself, mental. </pious ex smoker mode> :wink

I don't know how to tell you this but, shock, horror! You will die too. Oh, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless of course you find the elixir of life.

doodab
12th July 2010, 18:00
Every man runs the risk of being the first immortal.

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 18:32

Not all newbies get shot down, actually. Just those that smell strongly of sockie, or a 'fake' laydee.

I admire your loyalty Drewster, but fear it may be misplaced in this instance.

cnch is clearly a geezer.

Drewster
12th July 2010, 18:59
I admire your loyalty Drewster, but fear it may be misplaced in this instance.
cnch is clearly a geezer.
Very loyal me........ well willing to live and let live so to speak..... pray tell what is it that indicates that cnch is either a sockie or a geezer?

I am very naive and just take all "you lot" as you are (albeit with a pinch of salt.....)

I believe in cnch and will continue to do so until some evidence proves otherwise......

and even if cnch is actually either a sockie of a geezer whats the harm in that?
90% of people thought Wilmsy was a sockie....... well TBH 80% still do....
Gimpy is obviously a sockie......
SAS while not necessarily a sockie is obviously a fantasist......
Spod is now a sockie of Churchy who was originally ????
etc etc

PS Maybe cnch is my sockie!

Bunk
12th July 2010, 19:12
Very loyal me........ well willing to live and let live so to speak..... pray tell what is it that indicates that cnch is either a sockie or a geezer?

I am very naive and just take all "you lot" as you are (albeit with a pinch of salt.....)

I believe in cnch and will continue to do so until some evidence proves otherwise......

and even if cnch is actually either a sockie of a geezer whats the harm in that?
90% of people thought Wilmsy was a sockie....... well TBH 80% still do....
Gimpy is obviously a sockie......
SAS while not necessarily a sockie is obviously a fantasist......
Spod is now a sockie of Churchy who was originally ????
etc etc

PS Maybe cnch is my sockie!

Wilmslow is a sockie. Gimpboy is defo a sockie. Sas and Dim are possibly real but deluded. Maybe they're Blade Runner style sockies who haven't realised they're sockies yet. Spod is now Churchy who was originally Spod. Which one is the sockie? Probably neither.

And you wonder why people on here doubt others?

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:25
Wilmslow is a sockie. Gimpboy is defo a sockie. Sas and Dim are possibly real but deluded. Maybe they're Blade Runner style sockies who haven't realised they're sockies yet. Spod is now Churchy who was originally Spod. Which one is the sockie? Probably neither.

And you wonder why people on here doubt others?

Agreed. With the exception of Wilmslow.

Bunk
12th July 2010, 19:30
Agreed. With the exception of Wilmslow.

Nah, I'm not buying it. I've seen the evidence and I'm not convinced.

Drewster
12th July 2010, 19:34
Nah, I'm not buying it. I've seen the evidence and I'm not convinced.

Hold on!! I'm getting confused now......
You have seen the evidence ie Met Wilmsy yet still don't believe he is a "person"....
or you believe that the person you met posts as Wilmsy..... but you don't believe the character Wilmsy
or...... well or what?

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:44
You have seen the evidence ie Met Wilmsy yet still don't believe he is a "person"....
or you believe that the person you met posts as Wilmsy..... but you don't believe the character Wilmsy
or...... well or what?

:laugh

You fry my brain! :laugh

I think he's saying he still doesn't buy that Wilmslow is a real person. I say he is a real person. So on, and so on.

Bunk
12th July 2010, 19:44
or...... well or what?

It could be either: the person claiming to be Wilmslow isn't the person who posts as him, or the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.

Drewster
12th July 2010, 19:48
:laugh

You fry my brain! :laugh

<Patronising tone>
Try to keep up dearie
</pt>

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:50
It could be either: the person claiming to be Wilmslow isn't the person who posts as him, or the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.

If someone has made up that character, they are a genius.

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:51
<Patronising tone>
Try to keep up dearie
</pt>

I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in :laugh

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out :wink

Drewster
12th July 2010, 19:53
..............the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.

I (as in the real me) posts as the character called Drewster.......
MP isn't really a flying nanny....
You presumably aren't really called bunk....
MF isn't a loud mouthed Arse in real life.....

Well OK maybe the MF argument is a bit weak... but we are all sockies in that sense - aren't we?

ie Although there is a lot of "me" in Drewster - Drewster is not really me... if you see what I mean?

Zippy
12th July 2010, 19:54
If someone has made up that character, they are a genius.

We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.

Drewster
12th July 2010, 19:54
I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in :laugh

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out :wink

I would never get frosty with you....... :wink

<deeply offended>
and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
</deeply offended>

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:58
We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.

I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '

MaryPoppins
12th July 2010, 19:59
I would never get frosty with you....... :wink

<deeply offended>
and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
</deeply offended>

Ah, good. Would hate to fall out over some tranny sockie.

You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.

Drewster
12th July 2010, 20:06
I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '

I know what you mean... I wasn't really thinking of a dictionary definition of a sockie... more the fact that we all (on this type of forum) portray a character that isn't really us... or at least I think we do....
I post on other forums as "me" and still others as (a different) Drewster.... The Drewsters share many of my traits and Drewsters sometimes posts things that are true about "me"... but Drewsters can say and do things that I wouldn't.....

So the Wilmsy you met is probably the person that posts as Wilmsy... but wether all the "adventures" are 100% true...................

No doubt there is a word that sums up what I mean (its not alter-ego or pseudonym).....

Drewster
12th July 2010, 20:08
You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.

You should try holding a conversation with me "face-face"........

DirtyOldMan
12th July 2010, 21:32
This is all too confusing

cnch
12th July 2010, 22:35
Thanks Drewster. You are my knight in shining armour.

I don't find you in the least confusing and your lateral thinking is a joy to behold.

shaunbhoy
13th July 2010, 06:55
Thanks Drewster. You are my knight in shining armour.

I don't find you in the least confusing and your lateral thinking is a joy to behold.

You will note that cnch's post was sent around quarter of an hour after the pubs kick out mind you!

:tongue

MaryPoppins
13th July 2010, 12:51
You should try holding a conversation with me "face-face"........

Unfortunately one of my 'real life' traits is a severe lack of patience, so it probably wouldn't be a long conversation..!

SupremeSpod
13th July 2010, 13:57
Unfortunately one of my 'real life' traits is a severe lack of patience, so it probably wouldn't be a long conversation..!

Is MF your sockpuppet?

MaryPoppins
13th July 2010, 15:14
Is MF your sockpuppet?

:emb

You got me.

xoggoth
13th July 2010, 17:34
I have to confess to being a sockpuppet. I am really a devout church goer of pure thought and the seedy old git obsessed with vodka and lady's bodily functions is not me at all. It just de debil what grab me.