• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The wonders of Duct Tape!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wonders of Duct Tape!

Well, this is one I never knew about! I have had a verruca on the bottom of my foot for a few months now. I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing has worked. I have since found an article saying that you can get rid of them by sticking a piece of duct tape over the top of them and leaving them! Anyone else tried this??

Nope.

I normally cut them out myself with a sterilised sharp knife.

Edit: I say "normally" but I haven't had one for years now...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My Mum did it to me when I was little. It worked.

I like your random posting history.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Nope.

I normally cut them out myself with a sterilised sharp knife.

Edit: I say "normally" but I haven't had one for years now...
        I would try that but this one is quite deep into my foot and I dont want to gouge it out

Comment

[QUOTE=

I like your random posting history.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Can you tell when I am bored!?

Comment

Dipping your finger into sprits-of-salts gets rid them, and your finger.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by User on Another Forum
              WD-40 and Duct Tape are the only tools you need in your toolbox.
              If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be--Duct Tape it!
              If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be--WD-40 it!
              Made I smile

Comment

GT85 is far superior to WD40 for most lube applications.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I found the verruca killer stuff in a tube (forget the name) works if you follow the instructions to the letter. I found the stuff useless until I did soak my feet and do the scraping. I was only scraping to begin with, so the warm water immersion element appears to add some extra magic, perhaps in opening out the skin or making it more porous or something. DIY attempts didn't meet with much success, except in transferring verrucas to the finger tips and making a mess of the skin.

Comment

Go to a chiropodist. They will either freeze it and cut it out or burn it out. Either way, it will get sorted.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X