PDA

View Full Version : BBC1 Fake Britain: Guess who's on next week!

cojak
12th July 2010, 19:13
Too easy!

How hard did they have to chase him, I wonder?

His ex-missus has a starring role...

Bring on the Greek tragedy!

:laugh :laugh

Clippy
12th July 2010, 19:33
Think I'll have spag bol when I watch this next week. :laugh

TheFaQQer
12th July 2010, 19:37
Think I'll have spag bol when I watch this next week. :laugh

I'd get someone to deliver it freshly from Italy for you. Apparently Tornado's Pizzeria and Pasta have this great service you can use....

Boudica
12th July 2010, 20:11
How do you know? Have you seen a promo, or did they interview reps from the board? ;)

cojak
12th July 2010, 20:14
"And on next week..." showing the fetching wedding photo :happy

Clippy
12th July 2010, 20:41
How do you know? Have you seen a promo, or did they interview reps from the board? ;)

Fast forward to 28m 15s (http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rghv1/Fake_Britain_Fake_Medicines/).

SueEllen
12th July 2010, 22:17
Fake Britain is a repeat. :D

Though the 1st time I didn't realise who I was watching.

SupremeSpod
13th July 2010, 06:39
Too easy!

Very clever! :yay:

eliquant
13th July 2010, 07:06
wasn't he in jail then got out somehow ? wasn't he posting here from jail ? His missus is quite dishy (we think it was her who was posting on here - not sure).

I think the one about flying the Tornado from England to Germany (or whatever made up destination) balancing a pint of beer between his thighs was just too much of a lie.

shaunbhoy
13th July 2010, 07:11
The guy was just wired wrong. Not his fault I suppose, just damaged goods.
Should be interesting though.
He probably told them all about CUK.............but they didn't believe him. :laugh

milanbenes
13th July 2010, 09:36
who are you all talking about ?

Milan.

administrator
13th July 2010, 10:59
Too easy!

Can't wait! Got the Humax set already :happy

wasn't he in jail then got out somehow ? wasn't he posting here from jail ? His missus is quite dishy (we think it was her who was posting on here - not sure).

I think the one about flying the Tornado from England to Germany (or whatever made up destination) balancing a pint of beer between his thighs was just too much of a lie.

I was a bowl of spaghetti, not beer. Not that it makes much difference I guess ;) I am positive it was his ex posting on here...

who are you all talking about ?

Milan.

ChasingtheAurora, then Menelaus...

NickFitz
13th July 2010, 11:52
I was a bowl of spaghetti, not beer. Not that it makes much difference I guess ;)

Here's the original source for the Tornado/spaghetti story (http://www.expats.cz/prague/showthread.php?t=167816&page=5&pp=10#post571061) :freaky:

TimberWolf
13th July 2010, 12:44
Too easy!

Link?

milanbenes
13th July 2010, 13:23
wow,

i was not aware of any of this

amazing

how come you lot knew and I didn't ?

Milan.

minestrone
13th July 2010, 14:29
He may not have been the full picnic but she just looks like a crazed loon herself flashing her "I married a loon and it is not my fault" tits to everyone.

Well honey, it was.

You really have to be thick to have married him, now get over it and stop blaming everyone but yourself.

doodab
13th July 2010, 14:36
Yesterday Miss Miles, 30, of Wallingford, Oxfordshire, a meteorological scientist for the Government, told how she left Colclough two days after their honeymoon in 2007 when her sister discovered his fantasist past by simply searching the internet.

Read more: Daily wail, sorry (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219741/Victim-lying-Major-TA-girl-fell-serial-fantasist-said-hed-Army-medic-fighter-pilot-psychiatrist.html#ixzz0tZbXyl5P)

If only the internet had been invented a few days earlier....

MaryPoppins
13th July 2010, 15:18
Ooh, I missed this thread. Will record. Cojak, you will now need to set up a discussion thread for when we've seen it. :tongue

shaunbhoy
13th July 2010, 18:13
wow,

i was not aware of any of this

amazing

how come you lot knew and I didn't ?

Milan.

Something to do with you being hopelessly out of touch with "mainstream CUK" I am afraid.
Too much time spent polishing your passat methinks.

:wink

milanbenes
13th July 2010, 22:07
Something to do with you being hopelessly out of touch with "mainstream CUK" I am afraid.
Too much time spent polishing your passat methinks.

:wink

Hi Shaun,

I think for once,

'being hopelessly out of touch with "mainstream CUK"'

is not something to be ashamed of.

On a more serious note, I am very sad for the three children he had, what a father.

And the whole story reminds me of that film a few months ago 'I love Philip Morris' or whatever
it was called.

Surprisingly similar story.

Just been with the Mrs to watch Sex and City 2, haven't laughed so much in ages. Excellent film.

Milan.

Spacecadet
13th July 2010, 22:12
Just been with the Mrs to watch Sex and City 2, haven't laughed so much in ages. Excellent film.

:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick
http://www.thesidewalker.com/forums/images/smilies/taser8kz4ia.gif
:suicide:
(Mods can we have a matching taser smilie now?)

milanbenes
14th July 2010, 08:54
save yourself from yourself, if you've got a Mrs of some form, take her to the cinema and watch it, you might enjoy it

Milan.

SupremeSpod
14th July 2010, 09:05
save yourself from yourself, if you've got a Mrs of some form, take her to the cinema and watch it, you might enjoy it

Milan.

Fortunately I was saved from watching that by the following facts, My Mrs has a Sister and some friends, that I'm not a closet homosexual and she went during the week while I was in Swindon.

Btw, how did we go from Tornado flying pasta delivery boy to "Sex in the City 2"? Was Menelaus starring in that too?

milanbenes
14th July 2010, 09:19
Fortunately I was saved from watching that by the following facts, My Mrs has a Sister and some friends, that I'm not a closet homosexual and she went during the week while I was in Swindon.

Btw, how did we go from Tornado flying pasta delivery boy to "Sex in the City 2"? Was Menelaus starring in that too?

Supremo,

you missed out, it is really funny

Milan.

SupremeSpod
14th July 2010, 11:32
Supremo,

you missed out, it is really funny

Milan.

Not to my taste, but thanks anyway.

Scrag Meister
14th July 2010, 14:58

Perhaps, Allegedly, Maybe, he said he was Mr Big in the movie remake, but i was rather dubious, as I think he was flying his Tornado, while chasing the Aurora on some intrepid expedition while filming was taking place.

P.S. The Menelaus saga was one of the first set of threads I read when I joined in March, so was pretty prominent at that point.

milanbenes
15th July 2010, 09:58
Not to my taste, but thanks anyway.

Supremo,

ask yer missus about the AuPair scenes

Milan.

Clippy
19th July 2010, 16:48
Shameless bump! (http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rghkl/Fake_Britain_Fake_Identity/)

Boudica
19th July 2010, 17:14
is it tonight?

NickFitz
19th July 2010, 17:40
is it tonight?

Apparently so (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rghkl) :)

norrahe
19th July 2010, 18:07
How far do we have to wait till he's on?

SizeZero
19th July 2010, 18:44
Looks like they're saving the best until last :tired

MaryPoppins
19th July 2010, 18:47
I've got it on record so I can fast fwd through the boring bits I've read will be on it first.

norrahe
19th July 2010, 19:05
Looks like they're saving the best until last :tired

Well it was a tad fleeting, and she makes a great actress. :laugh

cailin maith
19th July 2010, 19:09
Well it was a tad fleeting, and she makes a great actress. :laugh

You think she was lying?

I'm really unsure.

Strange how they never mentioned the other stuff, bigamy etc...

eliquant
19th July 2010, 19:22
I think that he got off really lightly ie 14 weeks jail for impersonating a doctor and 'assaulting a soldier' (stupidly trying to re-locate a broken bone in a squaddie's hand) and he got a really classy wife rolled into the con deal.

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 19:24
Hi All,

I've never said anything on this topic before....which is very unlike me :)

Because we're online, and we all have fake names, we sometimes forget the real people behind the personas.
Some of us are honest, some of us are kind natured, some of us are horrid little shits, some of us are boring, some of us are tax dodgers, some of us have done very kinky wierd shit in the past that we'd rather not have people know about now, some of us have smacked our ex's around a bit in the past (that we'd rather not have people know about now), some of us have been really mean at times, some of us have criminal records, etc etc etc.

Very few of us are blemish free, but we're probably all striving to now be the people we want to be.

This guy...Chasing The Aurora/Menelaus/countless other ID's...I've spoken to him a lot more than I've spoken to most of you lot. And I have to say....really nice bloke.

Worst case scenario he's a biggamist and he pocketted some charity money. Those are crimes I'd forgive pretty quickly to be honest.
Best case scenario, he's just a bit useless.
Middle case scenario - he's a bit of an eccentric fantasist. This is my favourite theory of all, as I think eccentric fantasists are awesome - who wants to be normal anyway? :)

Anyway...my main point...can we not put all this "starting threads about him" bullshit behind us now? How many years has it been ffs?! Does the guy really deserve to be hounded by his past every time some lazy BBC tosser decides to not bother finding any original material for a show?

Well...that's my 2pennith. I hardly even get on here anymore so all you newbies are probably like "who's this daft bird?" :)

Love yous all - even the wierd ones,
SallyAnne
xxxxx

cailin maith
19th July 2010, 19:27
Well...that's my 2pennith. I hardly even get on here anymore so all you newbies are probably like "who's this daft bird?" :)

Yeah but you are our daft bird and we still love you!! :hug:

MaryPoppins
19th July 2010, 19:28
I hear what you're saying SA, but I have to say that he does appear to have committed some fairly serious crimes. I say appear, cos like, I don't know all the facts - none of us do. We're all here for a bit of a chinwag really, so I guess you can't blame us for being excited when one of us geeks might be on telly, like.

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 19:29
...and I STILL hate this new ficking site :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 19:31
Yeah but you are our daft bird and we still love you!! :hug:

Hee hee - thanks soon-to-be Mrs :)

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 19:34
I hear what you're saying SA, but I have to say that he does appear to have committed some fairly serious crimes. I say appear, cos like, I don't know all the facts - none of us do. We're all here for a bit of a chinwag really, so I guess you can't blame us for being excited when one of us geeks might be on telly, like.

Do we have a "net curtain twitcher" smilie yet, to let us know when we've got our gossip "on"? :)

NickFitz
19th July 2010, 19:37
Worst case scenario he's a biggamist and he pocketted some charity money.

To be fair, although he got people to give money to charity under false pretences with his Chasing the Aurora thing, he didn't pocket any of it. IIRC the donations were made through justgiving.com, which passes the money along directly to the charity for which it is intended, not to the person who instigates the fundraising activity. Also, although he was investigated for bigamy, those charges were dropped.

Zippy
19th July 2010, 19:39
Do we have a "net curtain twitcher" smilie yet, to let us know when we've got our gossip "on"? :)

But we never see you and probably won't again until the Last Night of the Proms :wink

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 19:54
But we never see you and probably won't again until the Last Night of the Proms :wink

I must admit, I crave nights of orchestral music, fine wines and cheeses.

Have I gotten old? Or even worse....posh? :eek:

I tried to download the Proms CD off iTunes yesterday but the ficking thing didn't work :tantrum:

Zippy
19th July 2010, 20:03

I tried to download the Proms CD off iTunes yesterday but the ficking thing didn't work :tantrum:

No you are not old, just more discerning.
iTunes is shite, IMO. And their cheeses are rubbish.

btw under the New Order we can say feck now. I don't know if that helps sell the site makeover?

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 20:06
No you are not old, just more discerning.
iTunes is tulipe, IMO. And their cheeses are rubbish.

btw under the New Order we can say feck now. I don't know if that helps sell the site makeover?

Oooooh - we're allowed to say feck?!!!! :yay:

What about ****, bollocks and tit-wank?

SallyAnne
19th July 2010, 20:07

2 out of 3 aint bad ;)

Troll
19th July 2010, 20:09

you meant soapy-tit-wank surely

Zippy
19th July 2010, 20:15
you meant soapy-tit-wank surely

See you in 5 Troll

TheFaQQer
19th July 2010, 20:38
This guy...Chasing The Aurora/Menelaus/countless other ID's...I've spoken to him a lot more than I've spoken to most of you lot.

Well, if you came to CUK drinks on a Thursday night, then that wouldn't be the case....

Although I understand some people are rather busy at work these days :D

norrahe
19th July 2010, 21:25
Well, if you came to CUK drinks on a Thursday night, then that wouldn't be the case....

Although I understand some people are rather busy at work these days :D

:ladybags:

:laugh

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 06:04
The chap you married recently wouldn't happen to be a Tornado pilot, would he? :rolleyes:

No way, his feet wouldn't reach the pedals.

EternalOptimist
20th July 2010, 07:29

God, you lot are getting soft.
SA, think it through.
Imagine if we were on a military exercise, sharing a bivvie. Its cold so we have to join the bags into one and get in together, now its a tight squeeze, and you suddenly say to me 'Bollks like. I think I've discombobulated my left tit'

Now imagine I pretend to be a doctor. It's faud isnt it. ?
If I said, 'Let Doctor EO fix that for you, mmmmm, nnnrrgg' ,wobble, wobble, squeeze , 'mmmmmm, slurp slurp' , massage massage, wobble, 'mmmmmmmmmm nrrggggggg'

'What you doing down THERE man, Dr man'
'mmmm nnnnrrrggg, just taking your pulse love, private love'

you wouldnt like THAT would you. its a fraudulent assault. thats what it is

you horny wench

:rolleyes:

Gonzo
20th July 2010, 10:36

To be fair, although he got people to give money to charity under false pretences with his Chasing the Aurora thing, he didn't pocket any of it. IIRC the donations were made through justgiving.com, which passes the money along directly to the charity for which it is intended, not to the person who instigates the fundraising activity. Also, although he was investigated for bigamy, those charges were dropped.

I donated to the Chasing the Aurora website, that money was sent back to me. He didn't steal any charity money.

He was investigated for bigamy, but never charged with it. He is not a major criminal, or even a minor one really.

For me the very worst thing that he did was to marry his second wife while all along lieing to her about who he was. But that is not illegal.

Moscow Mule
20th July 2010, 10:49
I donated to the Chasing the Aurora website, that money was sent back to me. He didn't steal any charity money.

He was investigated for bigamy, but never charged with it. He is not a major criminal, or even a minor one really.

For me the very worst thing that he did was to marry his second wife while all along lieing to her about who he was. But that is not illegal.

He took the place of a genuine medic on at least one TA exercise. If there'd been something major happen (vehicle accident, etc) he'd have been ****ed as would everybody else who relied on him to provide proper medical care.

He's a lucky chap.

Gonzo
20th July 2010, 10:55
He took the place of a genuine medic on at least one TA exercise. If there'd been something major happen (vehicle accident, etc) he'd have been ****ed as would everybody else who relied on him to provide proper medical care.

He's a lucky chap.The criminal justice system has punished him for that.

The other tittle-tattle didn't warrant it. However I would reiterate that I think the worst thing he did was to his second wife but that wasn't illegal.

Moscow Mule
20th July 2010, 10:57
The criminal justice system has punished him for that.

Indeed. But let's not forget it when discussing a list of his crimes.

I've never been personally affected by his antics nor met him (I'm sure he's a very personable chap) so I think I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.

Gonzo
20th July 2010, 11:01
Indeed. But let's not forget it when discussing a list of his crimes.

I've never been personally affected by his antics nor met him (I'm sure he's a very personable chap) so I think I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.No, don't do that.

If we don't discuss things like this some of us will never believe the levels of deceit that some other people are prepared to go to.

Gonzo
20th July 2010, 11:08
While I was living in one place in London this bloke brought the flat upstairs in a mortgagee sale. Within days he turned up parking his really flash motor in the car park.

He really looked the part.

After a couple of months he disappeared for while. People came around looking for him and were disappointed that we had no information on his whereabouts.

He turned up again claiming to have been spending a few months in Nevada which was something he did every year.

Not long after that the flat was for sale again.

Looking back on that, I think it was all bollocks. There are more than one or two people like this. Watch out!

SizeZero
20th July 2010, 11:16
If we don't discuss things like this some of us will never believe the levels of deceit that some other people are prepared to go to.

The TV show showed one of the victims of his medical attention. He is perhaps the most 'real' victim we've seen of Menalus's illegal crime (for which he was punished accordingly with 16 weeks jailtime). For those who didn't see the show, it was preceeded by a guy pretending to be a dentist, who had done things like dropping syringes down peoples throats.... it wasn't a 'get at Craig' show, it was a 'beware of fake physicians' segment of the show.

SA, please don't be overly naive in defending him. He was a complete basketcase when you were talking to him - and it's much easier for him to fool someone you barely know. What chance would you have had of 'knowing' him, when the woman he was living/sleeping with had no idea what lengths his lies would go to? He since spent time in psychiatric care, let's hope that he's been keeping out of trouble since.

minestrone
20th July 2010, 11:47
He was on here a few days ago and is rarely away for any great length of time.

SallyAnne
20th July 2010, 12:22
SA, think it through.
Imagine if we were on a military exercise, sharing a bivvie. Its cold so we have to join the bags into one and get in together, now its a tight squeeze, and you suddenly say to me 'Bollks like. I think I've discombobulated my left tit'

If I said, 'Let Doctor EO fix that for you, mmmmm, nnnrrgg' ,wobble, wobble, squeeze , 'mmmmmm, slurp slurp' , massage massage, wobble, 'mmmmmmmmmm nrrggggggg'

you horny wench

:rollin: I've missed you :)

TimberWolf
20th July 2010, 12:23
Being on at peak time viewing on BBC1 can't have done his employment prospects much good, unless MI6 or the actors association are interested.

SallyAnne
20th July 2010, 12:24
SA, please don't be overly naive in defending him. He was a complete basketcase when you were talking to him - and it's much easier for him to fool someone you barely know. What chance would you have had of 'knowing' him, when the woman he was living/sleeping with had no idea what lengths his lies would go to? He since spent time in psychiatric care, let's hope that he's been keeping out of trouble since.

Noone ever knows anyone - all you can do is trust your spider-sense.

That's what I always do.

:hug:

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 12:29

That's what I always do.

I trust my spidey-sense too and it's telling me that there is something more sinister about Menelaus that you're all forgetting. He's a predator, not a helpless fool.

Pogle
20th July 2010, 19:16
SA, think it through.

you horny wench

Hello sweetie - :wave:

norrahe
20th July 2010, 20:04
Hello sweetie - :wave:

EO, on CUK?

wahey :yay::wave:

norrahe
20th July 2010, 20:05

That's what I always do.

You need better spidey sense :eek

Spacecadet
20th July 2010, 20:26
By god that was a tulip program, although hosted by John Littlewood is usually a good indicator that it's aimed at the hard of thinking

Next week
Fake BBC program listings

From his 'Fake House' stuffed with counterfeit goods, presenter Dominic Littlewood reveals the extent of people using fake identities in the UK.

We follow the UK Border agency as they intercept people with fake identities coming into the country, including a woman carrying a fake passport. We go inside the high security National Document Fraud Unit - which has dealt with cases such as the Lockerbie bombing and the shoe bomber Richard Reid, and look at the work of customs and excise as they intercept fake documents used to create fake identities.

We show how a man with no qualifications operated as a fake dentist, and meet the victims of his work. In Birmingham, we meet the council officials who catch people faking disability and using blue badge passes to park for free in the city centre. There's a look at the criminal gangs who are faking driving tests by getting experienced drivers to take the test for learners in return for a payoff, putting hundreds of illegal and inexperienced drivers on our roads, and we show a raid by the Driving Standards Agency investigations team and the police where they arrest a suspected driving test impersonator.
Broadcast on:BBC One, 7:30pm Monday 19th July 2010
Duration:45 minutes
Available until:7:56pm Monday 26th July 2010
Categories:Factual, Consumer

Go to Fake Britain site

Since when is half an hour 45 minutes?

mocsol
21st July 2010, 17:09

Nope.

He ran the London 10K last week, purporting to be representing a military charity.

The charity in question has no record of him running for them, he was running with a individual (rather than sponsored) number, and he was wearing a shirt that had been issued a couple of years ago.

He has also recently been in contact with serving and ex serving personnel spouting the usual BS.

Cured? I don't think so.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 19:29
Nope.

He ran the London 10K last week, purporting to be representing a military charity.

The charity in question has no record of him running for them, he was running with a individual (rather than sponsored) number, and he was wearing a shirt that had been issued a couple of years ago.

He has also recently been in contact with serving and ex serving personnel spouting the usual BS.

Cured? I don't think so.

If you give us his number we can check his time and verify your post.

Oh, hello...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/137566-hi-mentalist.html

Good spot Orangesquash! That is some impressive work!

It's unfortunate to hear he's back on here again .... since being outed and excluded in March this year.

This should be a warning, aimed specifically at persons of the female persuasion on here, to be very careful of this man!

Craig, it's time you found another playground .... you're not welcome here.

No sympathy whatsoever for him.

MaryPoppins
21st July 2010, 20:56
Wonder who our newbie could be.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:58
Wonder who our newbie could be.

"Helen"?

MaryPoppins
21st July 2010, 21:06
"Helen"?

Assume so. She should take it from someone who knows (ish), that life's too short to spend it being bitter about the past.

mocsol
22nd July 2010, 02:16
If you give us his number we can check his time and verify your post.

Oh, hello...

Hi Mentalist (http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/137566-hi-mentalist.html)

No sympathy whatsoever for him.

Got it in one, although it doesn't need confirming. He was wearing a red number rather than the official silver numbers.

mocsol
22nd July 2010, 02:21
"Helen"?

Assume so. She should take it from someone who knows (ish), that life's too short to spend it being bitter about the past.

Nope, absolutely not Helen; I'm far older, uglier and decidedly more male! :)

I just wanted to point out that despite people hoping that Craig has changed, he hasn't one iota.

BTW - I actually am an IT contractor, I just never got round to using this side of the website before.