• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gobsmacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobsmacked

It takes a helluva lot for me to go open mouthed.

This just did it.

Death camp dance video: Tasteless or a 'celebration of life'? | The Sun |News
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Tasteless - but it's OK, they're jewish.

Comment

If you asked me a year ago I'd would have let it pass me by like most posts on this site.

I'm staying in the edge of a district in Berlin called wilmersdorf, an area of town where the wealth of jews of the time is evident and the resentment that followed in equal magnitude, but it's subtle. There are brass plagues in the pavements in front of the doorways with the names of the families who used to stay here before they were taken to the camps. They are everywhere. We visited the memorial to the murdered Jews the other night, it's really opened my eyes as to what happened. How could such a modern society descend into this horror and yet there it stands as a reminder not to be forgotten. It's the hight of tastelessness and then some to mock those events.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        If you asked me a year ago I'd would have let it pass me by like most posts on this site.

I'm staying in the edge of a district in Berlin called wilmersdorf, an area of town where the wealth of jews of the time is evident and the resentment that followed in equal magnitude, but it's subtle. There are brass plagues in the pavements in front of the doorways with the names of the families who used to stay here before they were taken to the camps. They are everywhere. We visited the memorial to the murdered Jews the other night, it's really opened my eyes as to what happened. How could such a modern society descend into this horror and yet there it stands as a reminder not to be forgotten. It's the hight of tastelessness and then some to mock those events.
        I understand what you are saying Scooter, but I also understand the rationale for the Korman family dancing.

They are basically saying you (Nazis) tried hard to rid the world of Jews (not sure whether their dance is also a dance for the 5 million others who were also killed in the concentration camps) but we are still here, enjoying life.

We all celebrate life and death in different ways. Those ways may offend some yet not others.

Comment

The family dancing is a celebration of life and more importantly 'survival' (hence the song title). I think that it is a little inappropriate because their dancing doesn't say much about those that "didn't" survive and that's what the camps are there for and to remind us of.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
            The family dancing is a celebration of life and more importantly 'survival' (hence the song title). I think that it is a little inappropriate because their dancing doesn't say much about those that "didn't" survive and that's what the camps are there for and to remind us of.
            But is it?

The family are pointing out that the Nazi grand plan supported by quite a few European countries to exterminate the Jews didn't work using another method to engage people.

Having met someone as an adult who didn't understand what World War II was about, anything that awakens people to the horrors of ethnic cleansing, when some of it has gone on recent history, is to be welcome.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              It takes a helluva lot for me to go open mouthed.

This just did it.

Death camp dance video: Tasteless or a 'celebration of life'? | The Sun |News
              Gutted. Thought this was a thread about you getting chinned.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                It takes a helluva lot couple of pints and a packet of wotsits for me to go open mouthed.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X