• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Massive falls in inflation in June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive falls in inflation in June

UK inflation slowed to 3.2% in June from 3.4% in May, its second monthly fall.

Source: BBC News - UK inflation slows again in June

Paying £1.30 for liter of diesel (BP ultimate) FFS!

Sorry, I'm not really having a go at YOU, but your post is very funny.

You rant about the price of something that is part of non-core CPI that has held down the main CPI figure.

The real story is in the core-CPI figure that is going up very fast.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

A massive fall of 0.2%

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Except that the other measure - which includes the things we actually have to buy (fuel, food) - went up this month to 3.9%

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Except that the other measure - which includes the things we actually have to buy (fuel, food) - went up this month to 3.9%
          Which is?

For the official stats: sminki

Food and fuel are non-core items (i.e. stuff that the government can do frack-all about; that is why it doesn't target it).

As I said, the real story is the core-CPI rate that went up from 2.9% to 3.1%, the highest rate in the history of the series.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            As I said, the real story is the core-CPI rate that went up from 2.9% to 3.1%, the highest rate in the history of the series.
            So is it a massive fall of 0.2% as AtW says, or a massive rise of 0.2%?

I need to know how to pitch my rant.

Comment

"massive" was sarcasm - inflation is rampart and "independent" BoE won't pull a finger out to do something about it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                "massive" was sarcasm - inflation is rampart and "independent" BoE won't pull a finger out to do something about it
                Aye. Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I see.

What should the BoE do then?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    I see.

What should the BoE do then?
                    They could raise interest rates.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X