• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motivation bla bla

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motivation bla bla

More and more often, agents are asking, or saying their clients are asking for, a ´motivation´ story to accompany the CV. Mine is usually a bit of bla bla about setting up the test program to support the project, being ´pragmatic´ and not just sticking to text books, coaching juniors while being strict on standards of work and deadlines etc etc bla bla bla bla

What use is this kind of story to anyone?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

And why do they ask you to describe your biggest fault? Are they really interested in hearing your best rehearsed bulltulip?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      And why do they ask you to describe your biggest fault? Are they really interested in hearing your best rehearsed bulltulip?
      They didn't ask for my biggest fault, no. Thankfully. They obviously want some real gold plated bulltulip.

Comment

Showing some sign you are actually interested in your work probably makes you sound like you might do a better job.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          More and more often, agents are asking, or saying their clients are asking for, a ´motivation´ story to accompany the CV.
          I like fast cars and beautiful women. Not to mention good restaurants. I also have a number of expensive hobbies.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I like fast cars and beautiful women. Not to mention good restaurants. I also have a number of expensive hobbies.
            Indeed. I am highly motivated for this project as it will allow me to expand my experience of the restaurants in the vicinity of your office.
            Restaurant Aan de Poel
            Restaurant De Halve Maen Aalsmeer Tel:0297-324528

It will also give me an excellent opportunity to top up the fund I have been setting aside for the purpose of acquiring an Aston Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Indeed. I am highly motivated for this project as it will allow me to expand my experience of the restaurants in the vicinity of your office.
              Restaurant Aan de Poel
              Restaurant De Halve Maen Aalsmeer Tel:0297-324528

It will also give me an excellent opportunity to top up the fund I have been setting aside for the purpose of acquiring an Aston Martin.
              Aalsmeer - a nice place, likey very much. Stayed at the Aalsmeer hotel for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Yep, that's mine too. Usually goes down really well with clients. Them it doesn't work on were with projects that were doomed to fail anyway, so it's two birds with one stone!
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Yep, that's mine too. Usually goes down really well with clients. Them it doesn't work on were with projects that were doomed to fail anyway, so it's two birds over twenty stone!
                  FTFY
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

How about
                    "none of your fking business, that's my rate, do you want the fking job doing or not?"

Comment

Working...
                    X