PDA

View Full Version : Back from Hawaii

Scrag Meister
13th July 2010, 15:54
Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

Highly recommended.

Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.

Drewster
13th July 2010, 15:56
Sounds good!

Maybe you should swap stories with MF and his static caravan with the inlaws!

MarillionFan
13th July 2010, 16:31
I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

:music:

shaunbhoy
13th July 2010, 17:25
I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

:music:

Can't think of any active volcanoes in Dorset, but I wouldn't go getting all complacent over the cannibal aspect if I were you!!

HTH

SB in "Don'tgetoutofthecareastofdorchester" mode

TheFaQQer
13th July 2010, 19:52
Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

Highly recommended.

Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.

I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.

Scrag Meister
15th July 2010, 07:44
I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.

We can compare notes over a beer tonight.