• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who Gives a ******ck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Gives a ******ck

I’d just like a rant:-

You’ve all seen something like this – Due to the high level of interest we cannot reply directly so if you haven’t heard from us in x days, please consider that you have been unsuccessful etc etc.

I have just tried to speak with a recruitment consultant from Reed and would you believe it the person who picked up the phone, instead of directing me to the contact, began typing an email to the person I wished to speak with. Another barrier to actually speaking with a person who’s wages are being paid via the margin generated by the people that he does not wish to speak with - contractors – that’s us.

The first paragraph should read:-
    Oh so you applied - were only interested in our clients, what they pay us and our profit margin, so we will not generate any costs or spend any time with you unless the client is interested, otherwise go away (*****off).

Is it me?

Originally posted by Loofted View Post
    I’d just like a rant:-

You’ve all seen something like this – Due to the high level of interest we cannot reply directly so if you haven’t heard from us in x days, please consider that you have been unsuccessful etc etc.

I have just tried to speak with a recruitment consultant from Reed and would you believe it the person who picked up the phone, instead of directing me to the contact, began typing an email to the person I wished to speak with. Another barrier to actually speaking with a person who’s wages are being paid via the margin generated by the people that he does not wish to speak with - contractors – that’s us.

The first paragraph should read:-
    Oh so you applied - were only interested in our clients, what they pay us and our profit margin, so we will not generate any costs or spend any time with you unless the client is interested, otherwise go away (*****off).

Is it me?
    I always go with the tried and tested method of emailing, followed by a call. I then try a max of three times and then move onto the next role.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't forget you are the one trying to sell a service to them. Why should you expect your prospects to respond comprehensively, promptly and politely to your speculative sales calls? What do you do when you're rung up by a salesman that you don't want to speak to?

Comment

WMFS.

One trick which works sometimes is to say you are returning the pimp's call from earlier.

Comment

Oh, contractory stuff! Now that I'm retired (SNEER!) I don't care what happens to any of you horrible lot.

Just wondering what all the * stand for. I'd hate to think there was rude word I didn't know. Just the thought of it is making me feel depressed already.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Oh, contractory stuff! Now that I'm retired (SNEER!) I don't care what happens to any of you horrible lot.

Just wondering what all the * stand for. I'd hate to think there was rude word I didn't know. Just the thought of it is making me feel depressed already.
            Your roof is looking a little tired there Xog. In fact, that moss thats got into the tiles could cause the whole lot to come down. Thats going to be very expensive sir. Now you wouldnt want that to come down and ruin your retirement, I mean you might have to go back to work and we wouldnt want that would we sir.

Now, for only £10k cash(be a good fellow and pop down to the bank, Ill give you a receipt) I can get the roof fixed. If you dont do it now, it's gonna cost you an awful lot more in the long run, probably about £100k. I'll give you a hand in the car. Theres a good fellow.

You know it makes sense.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My roof? Are you implying I'm getting a bit thin on top? Bah! I'll have you know I still have lots and lots of hair. It is just temporarily holidaying on my bum and right shoulder at the moment but I can recall it any time I like.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I always go with the tried and tested method of emailing, followed by a call. I then try a max of three times and then move onto the next role.

ditto

Milan.

Comment

I generally just apply and forget, probably chase up less than 1 in 20 applications I make.

If an agent has any news then they're on the phone within seconds anyway.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Just seen an ad for a 3 month contract I turned down 7 days ago, nice to see they're struggling to fill it.

It was a previous client so they wanted to do a straight offer, told the pimp I was only interested in 6 months+ as the market isn't strong enough to risk leaving a perm job.

Now if they were to sweeten the deal a little...
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X