• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do young IT Contractors go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do young IT Contractors go.

In my case, England. Chucked it all in. Given up the fun thing. Sold the house in the Italy and bought two in England ......

No more good food, no more sun, no more late starts, no more Ciampino on a Monday morning / Friday evening.

I'm just so happy .....

Technically Dark / aka Franco
    Let's go to England
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

yes Franco. That's why we're all here. Not a particularly great lifestyle compared to home, but man, is the money good or what! Wages, house price rises,.... living here is like having found the cheat key on a videogame, where you can add to your wealth much faster than the poor people back home, and then in a few years you can enjoy your home country's great lifestyle with the top money you've earned here - win all round. Great!

Don't worry, you'll see Italy again. You'll probably be able to buy the whole of Naples by the time you've finished here. You will be da boss - il bosso. Good luck!
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Hang on a mo, I thought the reason everyone was in London was for the "Lifestyle".
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

well the thing is, BB, that being the impatient, want-it-all-and-want-it-now types, we are keen to make the most of our opportunity whilst living here, and we cannot wait to have funded our retirement home to enjoy life. So all these young people slaving away in London will still be looking for a good time now, albeit a different one from home. Whereas at home we dream of a nice country house, direct access to the beach, walk to the local pizzeria (for Italians) or surfing spot (for Kiwis) and a generally white-wine-at-sunset kind of life, here we do spend our young years partying hard out and abusing our bodies. After all, there's no beach round here and as for countryside, you have to beat 3 hours of traffic just to be outside the M25 (or pay £200 for a train ticket to Devon or Norfolk), so it's a non starter. Urban pleasures, I'd call them. Best enjoyed before the age of 30. OK, 35 maybe.
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          In my case, England. Chucked it all in. Given up the fun thing. Sold the house in the Italy and bought two in England ......

No more good food, no more sun, no more late starts, no more Ciampino on a Monday morning / Friday evening.

I'm just so happy .....

Technically Dark / aka Franco
          Let's go to England
          What does it profit a man to gain the World and lose his soul?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            What does it profit a man to gain the World and lose his soul?

people want both though alfred.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
              Don't worry, you'll see Italy again. You'll probably be able to buy the whole of Naples by the time you've finished here. You will be da boss - il bosso. Good luck!
              If the euro keeps growing stronger, Naples will become more expensive than London. Not that I like Naples, anyway.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

here we do spend our young years partying hard out and abusing our bodies

You abused your body? Do you have that on video?

Comment

Rebecca,
                  you'll be spending your autumn years sewing mailbags in the pokey for tax evasion. Best burn the candle at both ends now whilst you still have your liberty girl!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

here we do spend our young years partying hard out and abusing our bodies.
                    So you are one of the many young lovelies that we Brits manage to "enjoy",while you are passing through to your retirement home.....I can't think of anything better...hot and cold running Beckies...long may it continue
                    Bring it on baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X