PDA

View Full Version : On a date tonight

Wilmslow
15th July 2010, 08:10
Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

We are going to meet up this evening.

Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.

doodab
15th July 2010, 08:44
Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.

Have you seen a photo?

For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.

For the hayfever, you could try a "neti pot" although the closest thing I have found in the UK high street is some salt water in a can you squirt up there. There are also loads of OTC hayfever remedies that I'm sure you know about.

SupremeSpod
15th July 2010, 08:45

Have you told her that your neighbours hate you and your ex-girlfriends suddenly get very ill?

Lockhouse

Hayfever cure; Combination of a one-a-day non drowsy anti-histamine, Beconase inhaler and anti hay-fever eyedrops.

Scrag Meister
For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.

Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if you get on like a house on fire.

doodab
15th July 2010, 09:12
Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if she isn't a complete munter and seems like she might be up for a shag

FTFY

Clippy
15th July 2010, 09:45
:suicide:

dang65
15th July 2010, 09:56
Seems a bit drastic but. yeah, I guess that would cure the hayfever.

fullyautomatix
15th July 2010, 10:04
Pout your lips so as to kiss her but instead sneeze loudly. She will love it!

doodab
15th July 2010, 10:12

Let me guess. You've agreed to go on a date this evening with some bloke you met on an internet dating site, you suggested heading into Manchester for a meal, and now you've decided it's not such a good idea?

northernladuk
15th July 2010, 10:20
Noooooo. Don't go for a meal!! Just stick to a one hour drink and that way you bother have a get out without having to make excuses. If it goes well you can always do food next time. She might be a right swamp donkey and you are gonna be stuck trying to eat and keep your food down everytime you look at her!! It would be the longest night ever!

alreadypacked
15th July 2010, 10:23
Noooooo. Don't go for a meal!! Just stick to a one hour drink and that way you bother have a get out without having to make excuses. If it goes well you can always do food next time. She might be a right swamp donkey and you are gonna be stuck trying to eat and keep your food down everytime you look at her!! It would be the longest night ever!

You are speaking from experience :tongue

MarillionFan
15th July 2010, 10:29
Mrs Palmer and her five lovely daughters?

doodab
15th July 2010, 10:41

Of course there is also the risk that over the course of the meal and associated imbibement your reaction softens from "eeew" to "yeah baby lets get it on", resulting in you waking up next to a wookie, probably a long way from home, with a hangover.

Be careful.

Pondlife
15th July 2010, 10:53

Apart from the obigatory <<canned laughter>> and Frank Spencer voice I hear when I read these threads....

Does the quote above not seem a little weird for a first date especially one with someone you've met on the tinterweb.

Both drive to restaurant in sep cars, neither can drink (ok, fine)... And then train into the city meaning you both HAVE to return to the same place regardless of how much of a nightmare it was. Why would she suggest that?

moorfield
15th July 2010, 10:55

Wear your mankini. She'll make her own mind up what happens next.

BdP
15th July 2010, 11:16

find it difficult to find a restaurant that can accomodate her guide dog? And won't your style be cramped as she will have her carer with her?

Gibbon
15th July 2010, 11:32

It was you then ?

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 12:44
Both drive to restaurant in sep cars, neither can drink (ok, fine)... And then train into the city meaning you both HAVE to return to the same place regardless of how much of a nightmare it was. Why would she suggest that?

Because her boyfriend is into nicking cars, and when they both return there, Wilmslow's will be gone. Although who would want an 8-year-old Mondeo Estate? Takes all sorts I suppose!

:laugh

AtW
15th July 2010, 12:49
Wilmslow, what did you do to your sick ex-girlfriend?

I missed that episode. :ind

cojak
15th July 2010, 13:00
He dumped her, but we're not sure that she's seen that episode either...

AtW
15th July 2010, 13:21

Beats getting banned...

IGMC

Wilmslow
15th July 2010, 13:29

No,she is not dumped - she is starting to get better, and getting chatty with me again, so will see how tonight goes and take things from there. Women are like buses - none, then two at once.

Already checked - there is no bassett hound on the scene.

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 13:31
No,she is not dumped - she is starting to get better, and getting chatty with me again, so will see how tonight goes and THEN dump her if tonight's bint looks more promising

FTFY

:wink

AtW
15th July 2010, 13:34
No,she is not dumped - she is starting to get better, and getting chatty with me again, so will see how tonight goes and take things from there. Women are like buses - none, then two at once. Already checked - there is no bassett hound on the scene.

Isn't that technically cheating then going to a date whilst having sick girlfriend who has not been officially dumped yet? :eyes

thunderlizard
15th July 2010, 13:36
Women are like buses
The ones I get are. £2.30 only gets you so far, even though it turns out half the town's ridden them.

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 13:37
Isn't that technically cheating then going to a date whilst having sick girlfriend who has not been officially dumped yet? :eyes

I believe it is called "Playing the Field". Don't worry AtW, once SKA hits the jackpot you will have more women than you can shake a stick at..............but until then, stay faithful to Madam Palm and her five lovely daughters.

northernladuk
15th July 2010, 14:19

I thought we got on just fine actually :D :tongue

I actually thought bassett hounds were quite cute :\

moorfield
15th July 2010, 16:43
Women are like buses

If you wait long enough you can make three come at once ?

northernladuk
15th July 2010, 16:54

Yup! ;)

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 18:08
If you don't turn up you can make three come at once ?

FTFY

:tongue

MaryPoppins
15th July 2010, 18:51
No,she is not dumped - she is starting to get better, and getting chatty with me again, so will see how tonight goes and take things from there. Women are like buses - none, then two at once.

I hope your date steals your wallet. Would serve you right.

Zippy
15th July 2010, 19:02
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm looking forward to the "post match analysis" tomorrow. :laugh

Boudica
15th July 2010, 19:05
:laugh:laugh:laugh

quote of the year, so far!!

my OH said, 'come whether you are there or not' (i'm not sure what he is implying!)

cailin maith
15th July 2010, 19:27
I hope your date steals your wallet. Would serve you right.

WMPS

Tut tut Wilmslow...

Bunk
15th July 2010, 19:38
WMPS

Tut tut Wilmslow...

Are you lot still pretending he's real?

<shakey head smiley>

MarillionFan
15th July 2010, 21:07
Are you lot still pretending he's real?

<shakey head smiley>

I bet he virtually murders her, buries her in a virtual grave, goes on the virtual run, gets cornered by virtual cops and blows his virtual head off.

All in all, a pretty eventful night for a virtual poster.:eyes

MarillionFan
15th July 2010, 21:55
Just remember Wilmslow. If she's had too much to drink!!!! :eek:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/522955/566677.jpg

doodab
16th July 2010, 07:01
I went on an "internet" date once, we had a few drinks in a pub and then decided to go to the girls favourite curry house, which was nearby.

About half way through she said "you have to stop me eating the rest of that naan bread"

So I picked it up and licked it.

Wilmslow
16th July 2010, 07:06
Hmm…..

Had a really nice evening – good tapas, quality wine that warranted a decanter, and a nice drink in Cloud 23 (Hilton Skybar) after.

The time flew past – it was last train home time before we knew it.

Got the ‘Thanks for a good night’ text 10 mins after we went for our trains.

Think it could work out if I want it to, but will take another couple of meet-ups to know if I would be happy. Not many silences, conversation flowed pretty well – but quite a promising evening :)

I have no qualms about dating somebody else as my current lady has gone down south for 7 weeks – if she felt that strongly about me, she would have suggested a weekend when we catch up, and when I suggested this I got the ‘I need space’ thing, despite seeing me once in the last 3 weeks.

Plan is to have a day out with lady 2, maybe a walk somewhere, then see if lady 1 will have me over for a weekend over the next 7 weeks.

I hate being single, yet strangely enjoying the chase….

doodab
16th July 2010, 07:22
I have no qualms about dating somebody else as my current lady has gone down south for 7 weeks – if she felt that strongly about me, she would have suggested a weekend when we catch up, and when I suggested this I got the ‘I need space’ thing, despite seeing me once in the last 3 weeks.

This means "I want to dump you but won't say it because I don't want to hurt your feelings, hence I will mess you about instead and hurt your feelings a different way"

Just hope that #2 doesn't catch you chasing after #1, or you will likely end up with nothing (or a doormat that will put up with that sort of thing, which is probably worse)

lukemg
16th July 2010, 08:34
Any tongue action/flirting of any description ? This sounds like a business meeting ! Now, I usually have seen them before going out and therefore know that I want to go 'taters deep'. I focus most of my energies on making that happen, once it has I generally start to think about whether I like them a lot...
Do you actually fancy her ???

MaryPoppins
16th July 2010, 09:56
Any tongue action/flirting of any description ? This sounds like a business meeting ! Now, I usually have seen them before going out and therefore know that I want to go 'taters deep'. I focus most of my energies on making that happen, once it has I generally start to think about whether I like them a lot...
Do you actually fancy her ???

A touching insight, truly. :laugh

dang65
16th July 2010, 10:15
About half way through she said "you have to stop me eating the rest of that naan bread"

...and it will be your tenth anniversary next Friday, right??

milanbenes
16th July 2010, 10:27
Hmm…..

Had a really nice evening – good tapas, quality wine that warranted a decanter, and a nice drink in Cloud 23 (Hilton Skybar) after.

The time flew past – it was last train home time before we knew it.

Got the ‘Thanks for a good night’ text 10 mins after we went for our trains.

Think it could work out if I want it to, but will take another couple of meet-ups to know if I would be happy. Not many silences, conversation flowed pretty well – but quite a promising evening :)

Plan is to have a day out with lady 2, maybe a walk somewhere, then see if lady 1 will have me over for a weekend over the next 7 weeks.

I hate being single, yet strangely enjoying the chase….

good job Wilmslow

the post however stangely reminds me of that Adrian Mole book.

Anyway that aside, keep 'em coming, we want a running commentary as you touch 1st base, pass through 2nd base and get to 3rd base.

What's the project timeline for getting to 3rd base ?

Milan.

SupremeSpod
16th July 2010, 10:39
Wilmslow, dump the other bird, quickly.

Stop hanging on. Text this to her "I don't think things are working out. We should both move on. You were crap in the sack anyway!".

Spod - In "That should sort it" mode!

MaryPoppins
16th July 2010, 11:01
I went on an "internet" date once, we had a few drinks in a pub and then decided to go to the girls favourite curry house, which was nearby.

That wouldn't stop me eating it.

SupremeSpod
16th July 2010, 11:02

Makes you pregnant - allegedly. :eek

Wilmslow
16th July 2010, 11:04
Wilmslow, dump the other bird, quickly.

Stop hanging on. Text this to her "I don't think things are working out. We should both move on. You were crap in the sack anyway!".

Spod - In "That should sort it" mode!

There lies my problem. She is brilliant in the sack - Not many swallow so willingly.......

MaryPoppins
16th July 2010, 11:09
Makes you pregnant - allegedly. :eek

I knew it must have been that peshwari I had.

Oh, and @Wilmslow - please, god, no. Less of the detail. Seriously.

cailin maith
16th July 2010, 11:13
Ewwwww enough!!!! :spank:

SupremeSpod
16th July 2010, 11:15
There lies my problem. She is brilliant in the sack - .......

Wilmslow, for goodness sake.

When I met you I thought you were a nice enough chap. You appeared a little slow and socially awkward - I thought you might even have been autistic.

From what you've just posted I can only assume that in reality you're a dickhead of the first order. You can't live with neighbours without pissing them off and you don't appear to understand about social taboos.

I suggest you get some help.

northernladuk
16th July 2010, 12:40

OMG nice!!! Why are you single again?

SupremeSpod
16th July 2010, 12:43

None of you meet her high standards. :wink

doodab
16th July 2010, 12:58

It didn't stop her either.

Pondlife
16th July 2010, 12:58
Oi Wilmslow. You need to turn around and go back several steps. There, can you see "the line" now.

MaryPoppins
16th July 2010, 19:56

Cos I'm a single mother who never goes out and is now wary of most males, but who should probably not be so fussy.

suityou01
16th July 2010, 20:01
Cos I'm a single mother who never goes out and is now wary of most males, but who should probably not be so fussy.

This is sad. There are plenty of nice blokes out there, you're just looking in all the wrong places. Forget the bronzed muscly guitar playing types and get to a star trek convention. :D

Seriously though, everyone deserves happiness and I hope things turn around for you. When you are least expecting it the knight in shining armour will appear. In the mean time try to be patient rather than cynical, it may put off would be suitors.

:hug:

shaunbhoy
16th July 2010, 20:13

Nothing wrong with being fussy MP. Keep your powder dry........so to speak. Plenty of time for matress shenanigans once the sprog is less dependant.

HTH

SB in " Marge Proops" mode

MaryPoppins
16th July 2010, 20:36
Ah, thank you both ^

SIngledom is suiting me quite well currently; no idea what 'looking' would involve, as the idea of internet dating does not float my boat!

Maybe when baby boy starts senior school I might get a second to think about 'mattress shenanigans' :laugh

Cliphead
16th July 2010, 21:19
Don't knock guitar players some of are actually well balanced and talented.

MarillionFan
16th July 2010, 21:19

If you want some dating tips then you just need to let me know, I used to be a dab hand.

I've got it down to a bit of a tee over the years. So, here is my instructional video, just answer the questions I've asked and this should start to narrow down your options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBq5Qo2QhTI

Cliphead
16th July 2010, 21:26
Mmmmmm.......Orianthi Panagaris.......

http://considerations.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/orianthi.gif

But can she play?

Cliphead
16th July 2010, 21:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXf8oJq049w

Got potential, as a guitar player as well.

dang65
17th July 2010, 09:26
But can she play?
Trouble is, you can hear playing like that in any rock/blues club any time you want to go looking for it. She's getting the spotlight because she's slim and blonde. Tal Wilkenfeld, on the other hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgkbLw4qkw
And here she is being patronised for a couple of minutes before she gets to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK03pYCLJho