• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On a date tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a date tonight

Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

We are going to meet up this evening.

Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.
    Have you seen a photo?

For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.

For the hayfever, you could try a "neti pot" although the closest thing I have found in the UK high street is some salt water in a can you squirt up there. There are also loads of OTC hayfever remedies that I'm sure you know about.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Have you told her that your neighbours hate you and your ex-girlfriends suddenly get very ill?

Comment

Hayfever cure; Combination of a one-a-day non drowsy anti-histamine, Beconase inhaler and anti hay-fever eyedrops.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.
          Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if you get on like a house on fire.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if she isn't a complete munter and seems like she might be up for a shag
            FTFY
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Seems a bit drastic but. yeah, I guess that would cure the hayfever.

Comment

Pout your lips so as to kiss her but instead sneeze loudly. She will love it!
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Let me guess. You've agreed to go on a date this evening with some bloke you met on an internet dating site, you suggested heading into Manchester for a meal, and now you've decided it's not such a good idea?

Comment

Working...
                    X