• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "I am AndyW lookalike" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "I am AndyW lookalike" thread

There won't be many entries here for sure

Now which retailer sells plasma rifles in 40 watt range?
    Last edited by AtW; 15 July 2010, 12:41.

Comment

This plasma rifle, btw, is it aimed at the eyes? Otherwise 40W doesn't seem like a great deal: The heat given off by (an incandescent) light bulb, or half the heat given off by a person who's sitting quietly, or the energy that could potentially be captured by a 3/4 foot diameter magnifying glass operated at noon at the equator (and with a long focal length to reach the AndyW).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Now I've told you that, I'll have to kill the assembled congregation.

And I'm not even hungry.
        With 40 Watts? I hope you like you food warm and still struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          With 40 Watts? I hope you like you food warm and still struggling.
          40W over square meter is not a lot, but if the ray is focussed on one very small dot then you'd feel it ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            40W over square meter is not a lot, but if the ray is focussed on one very small dot then you'd feel it ...
            Laser scalpels operate in that sort of range, but your plasma rifle would need a good anti-shake device to cut much tissue at that power from distance (those scalpels are held to the skin and have a short focal length and narrow beam). Clothes might be a problem, as would asking the AndyW to stand still while you take multiple millimetre deep cuts each pass.

Comment

A BFG 9000 is my weapon of choice.

Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 15 July 2010, 15:38.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

"Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range"

It was an LA pawn shop I believe. You'd need quite a large, compact energy source to generate the temps, pressures and magnetic containment fields to make hydrogen plasma and then you'd have integrity problems as it exited the muzzle and travelled to the target.

I think.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

This one runs off 18 Volts:

RMCybernetics - DIY Homemade Mini Plasma Gun

Comment

Working...
                  X