• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wossy is gone!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wossy is gone!!

Admit it, you will all miss him when he is gone.

I would like to demand a reduction in my TV tax now that BBC are not paying him his obscene 10 million quids.

I just hope they do not go and hire some other Z list for another few millions. That would be taking the piss.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

He was being discussed the other night by I forget whom, but he was being described as "talent". Okay, he is funny in a fashion, but what is his talent? Making the kind of jokes we all made at the age of around 10?

Comment

What did he do for the money? One chat show that not many people watched, and a radio 2 show. The BBC should have had him reading the news every day, doing all the continuity announcements, and starring in Eastenders and Dr Who. He might have been worth the money then.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I actually thought that he was quite funny, although most definitely not worth the obscene amounts he was getting.
        Not sure just how much of his material was spontaneous, particularly on the radio show, but it was quite enjoyable listening, although I did not make a specific point of tuning in, just listened if I happened to be in the car on a saturday morning.
        I only watched his friday night show occasionally, (mainly as Mrs SB is quite struck on him), although he did seem to get a good selection of guests on, so they must have enjoyed being interviewed by him.
        Like others have said, get someone in that costs a damned sight less. A decent replacement can, I am sure, be found for a third of what he was getting.
        Hell, I'd even do it myself for £1M pa!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I only watched it if he had guests on worth seeing. Though usually recorded, as I do with most TV now, so that I can fast forward through the boring bits or whole guests.

Comment

If you ask the man on the street he would say that none of you are worth the 'obscene' amounts you earn.

It's a market and good on him for getting his worth.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Apparently, Andrew Sachs has just left a message on his answerphone that says "ha, ha, I f***ed your career!"
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Apparently, Andrew Sachs has just left a message on his answerphone that says "ha, ha, I f***ed your career!"
                What a little pr!ck he was during the 'voicemail furore' - making out he was a victim of some heinous crime.

FFS, just delete the VM's and get on with your life!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  What a little pr!ck he was during the 'voicemail furore' - making out he was a victim of some heinous crime.

FFS, just delete the VM's and get on with your life!
                  IIRC, it was the Express and the Mail that made out he was the victim of some heinous crime. He remained pretty quiet about it.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I thought that 'Tonight With Jonathan Ross' was simply awful, standards are even lower due to that show.

Being a film fan I could just about take 'Film 2009/10' with him on it - (bring back Barry Norman someone, if that Claudia Winkleman does that show I aint going to watch it.)

However, Wossy is brilliant when it comes to doing 'off the wall' documentaries, there was one he did on Japanese Culture which was great, I remember years and years ago he did one I think for Channel 4 about 'Americana' going around America looking at strange things, Ross did an amazing documentary on 'Steve Ditko' legendary comic book illustrator on the Golden age of Spiderman comic books - I was never into comics or Spiderman but it was an interesting doc.

Comment

Working...
                    X