PDA

View Full Version : The Great British Workman

NickFitz
15th July 2010, 15:37
"Workmen painting white lines on a road left a gap for a dead badger because they said it was not their responsibility to move it."

- Picture Linky:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48372000/jpg/_48372135_badgerpic.jpg (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10650160)

thunderlizard
15th July 2010, 15:39
But why paint a white line down a badger when it's got one already? This country isn't made of paint you know.

moorfield
15th July 2010, 15:46
<whistles through teeth>

'Elf & Safety innit luv. Not worth the 'assle if my gaffer catches me shifting a dead badger.
Tea and 2 sugars while we're waiting then.

</whistles through teeth>

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 15:47
This would never have happened under New Labour!!

:tongue

MarillionFan
15th July 2010, 15:49
Makes you proud to be British!:frown

TimberWolf
15th July 2010, 15:55
That doesn't leave much room for overtaking.

shaunbhoy
15th July 2010, 16:10
That doesn't leave much room for overtaking.

That's what the Badger said!!!

:laugh

Platypus
15th July 2010, 16:22
From 2002,
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00093/SNN1015C_93841a.jpg

(so it DID happen under New Labour!)

gingerjedi
15th July 2010, 16:26
If you turned up at client site and were expected to clean a dead badger from the keyboard before you could use it would you?

Same difference.:tongue

Mich the Tester
16th July 2010, 08:25
If you turned up at client site and were expected to clean a dead badger from the keyboard before you could use it would you?

Same difference.:tongueI've seen worse. Mouldy pizzas in the drawers, hardened snot on the keyboard, smelly office chairs, skidmarks on the bog seat. At least I could marinade a dead badger, stuff it with rosemary and chuck it on the barbecue.

norrahe
16th July 2010, 08:56
I've seen worse. Mouldy pizzas in the drawers, hardened snot on the keyboard, smelly office chairs, skidmarks on the bog seat. At least I could marinade a dead badger, stuff it with rosemary and chuck it on the barbecue.

Sounds like some quality workplaces. :sick

Mich the Tester
16th July 2010, 09:38
Sounds like some quality workplaces. :sickOh yes. I remember an 18 monther at the Dutch police in a room known as 'the submarine', thanks to it being long and narrow with no windows, poor lighting, and the unbearable temperature in summer due to lack of airco. They moved me to a better office when they found asbestos in the walls. Which was nice.

Still, they paid better than anyone else in Holland and there was a good restaurant 5 minutes walk away.

norrahe
16th July 2010, 09:40
Oh yes. I remember an 18 monther at the Dutch police in a room known as 'the submarine', thanks to it being long and narrow with no windows, poor lighting, and the unbearable temperature in summer due to lack of airco. They moved me to a better office when they found asbestos in the walls. Which was nice.

I didn't think Dutch prisons were that bad :tongue

Mich the Tester
16th July 2010, 09:49
I didn't think Dutch prisons were that bad :tongueNot at all. The prisoners are kept in the best conditions of all. Second come the politicians. Third, the commercial office workers. Fourth come the police and the people kept in the worst conditions of all are the asylum seekers; in fact, some asylum seekers have recently asked to be sent back to Grozny.

Sysman
16th July 2010, 10:13
Not at all. The prisoners are kept in the best conditions of all. Second come the politicians. Third, the commercial office workers. Fourth come the police and the people kept in the worst conditions of all are the asylum seekers; in fact, some asylum seekers have recently asked to be sent back to Grozny.

Many years ago I heard of a contractor who dropped a Dutch copper and was sentenced to a few weeks in clink. He reported that it was like a holiday camp, could order his meals for the next day off a menu, and it was a chance to go on the wagon for a while.

Apparently there was a waiting list for prison, so he'd started a contract in Germany. They got him the next time he crossed the Dutch border.

Qdos Contractor
16th July 2010, 11:00
I don't understand why this has caused such an uproar. If I was paid to paint lines, I wouldn't touch a manky, dead badger. It's not like you could just kick it to the side of the road - it's a right mess.

Presumably they told the relevant people and just got on with the line painting. I think it's exactly what I would have done.

HJacks
16th July 2010, 12:45
LOL! Jobsworths!!! All they have to due, surely, is pick it up by the tail and sling it into yonder ditch!! They could even make a new game out of this to brighten their working day. Badger wanging.