PDA

View Full Version : Le Weekend

norrahe
16th July 2010, 11:47
So what are the general populus up to?

cailin maith
16th July 2010, 11:58
Nothing tonight - just staying in - which I'm really looking forward to.

Tomorrow - Hairdressers for me and then we're out for dinner with friends... I expect to consume a lot of wine :)

Sunday - Recover and make a curry from my new cookbook, cunningly titles - The Curry Book :eyes

thunderlizard
16th July 2010, 12:14
Mahler's 8th tonight
hopefully doing a website release tomorrow
Placido Simon Boccanegra Domingo on Sunday evening.

doodab
16th July 2010, 12:15
I am going to acquire an aircon unit for my flat, if that fails (shops are sold out so far) I will attempt to build some sort of evaporative cooling device. This will of course involve tools, which I will need to buy, so I am quite excited.

With luck I will also be refining my lightning photography technique.

northernladuk
16th July 2010, 13:12
I am going to acquire an aircon unit for my flat, if that fails (shops are sold out so far) I will attempt to build some sort of evaporative cooling device. This will of course involve tools, which I will need to buy, so I am quite excited.

With luck I will also be refining my lightning photography technique.

Oh nice!!! Tell us the power ratings and speeds of them when you get them. Also throw in which attachements come with it for added wow factor!!

doodab
16th July 2010, 13:36
Oh nice!!! Tell us the power ratings and speeds of them when you get them. Also throw in which attachements come with it for added wow factor!!

I'm really looking at it as an excuse to by a Dremel. And perhaps a new soldering iron.

The cooler itself will be some tea towels and a frame and some sort of ducting to connect it to some fans. Unless I can get a proper aircon unit.

Moscow Mule
16th July 2010, 13:38
I'm going on a "Gentlemen's Weekend" in Bournemouth.

Mich the Tester
16th July 2010, 13:44
So what are the general populus up to?They're probably smelling and making burping noises, as they generally do, but as for the Tester clan, we're out for dinner this evening in a local gastro-pubbish place, I'll be at athletics training tomorrow morning, then I'm giving a sprint training for a group of ladies from the rugby club and the handball club (even being paid for it as part of plan B), then relaxing with some fine burgundy.

Sunday; ooh, training again, then a longish bike ride if the weather's good. Then roast lamb and some more burgundy, with probably a couple more glasses of burgundy to top it all off. Mind you, I've recently acquired a taste for Friesian whisky (http://www.usheitdistillery.nl/welkom.html). It seems to combine a slight peatiness of a good single malt Scotch, with the hint of vanilla you get from Irish whiskey. Not bad at all.

norrahe
16th July 2010, 14:52
I'm going on a "Gentlemen's Weekend" in Bournemouth.

Is that what they're calling it these days?

doodab
16th July 2010, 17:05
In what can only be described as a moment of total geekiness, I have just downloaded something called "solid edge" and I shall be designing cooling device using that. Assuming it isn't the most complicated thing in the world, which it might be.

Doodab in "too good for the back of an envelope" mode

norrahe
16th July 2010, 17:12
They're probably smelling and making burping noises, as they generally do, but as for the Tester clan, we're out for dinner this evening in a local gastro-pubbish place, I'll be at athletics training tomorrow morning, then I'm giving a sprint training for a group of ladies from the rugby club and the handball club (even being paid for it as part of plan B), then relaxing with some fine burgundy.

Sunday; ooh, training again, then a longish bike ride if the weather's good. Then roast lamb and some more burgundy, with probably a couple more glasses of burgundy to top it all off. Mind you, I've recently acquired a taste for Friesian whisky (http://www.usheitdistillery.nl/welkom.html). It seems to combine a slight peatiness of a good single malt Scotch, with the hint of vanilla you get from Irish whiskey. Not bad at all.

Dear god do you know anything about Whisky? :eek