• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supplier Issues Again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplier Issues Again!

Another classic in the world of retail.

Started to sell a fantastic line of candles last October, bit of a brand leader and they fly out of the door! Sold £1500 worth since October over 3 orders. We've become known for these.

Placed my fourth order only to get an email. Sorry, due to an earlier clash of interests we cannot supply you. Sorry!

Turns out they sell to another shop a few miles away and have just realised(I didnt) and so they are saying they don't like to tread on peoples toes.

I rang up and wanted to speak to the director. He didnt get back, so I phoned again today having recieved an email saying that they had reconsidered, but the answer was still NO!

I explained in the no uncertain terms that they had damaged my business and he needs to reconsider. He was a real bedwetter, stammering at the other end of the phone and stated he would talk to the other director. I told him I would phone him on Monday.

Anyway, regardless they will say they wont do it. I estimate the loss of sales to be about £1500 and will need to find someone else (which is actually quite difficult to find decent stuff)

Do you think it unreasonable that on Monday after they reject, I send them a letter that I am taking them to small claims court for damages as they have broken an implied contract to supply?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Go and punch him on the nose!

Not very effective commercially but satisfying nonetheless!
    Last edited by SupremeSpod; 16 July 2010, 12:08.

Comment

I reckon you can bash him on some EU law or other. They are distorting the market in their products.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

surely if they have exclusivity in their terms and conditions somewhere in your original order these terms and conditions would be mentioned.

Either way remember that when it comes to lost income if its the candles that are bringing the customer in its going to lose you more than the profit from that order.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What is so special about these candles that you can't replace them with a competitor?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            What is so special about these candles that you can't replace them with a competitor?
            They're probably those Yankee candles that the patio owning proles seem to have taken a shine to
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              They're probably those Yankee candles that the patio owning proles seem to have taken a shine to
              Every man and his dog sells those
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

No they're called L I L Y F L A M E candles.

They're very good.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It is called "restraint of trade" and is common law. You need to draft a letter and send it to the other two parties as a first step. If you want me to draft a letter; you can PM me.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    No they're called L I L Y F L A M E candles.

They're very good.
                    they sell those in waitrose
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X