• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf Club Membership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Club Membership

I assume we must have some golfers amongst the congregation here, so I was wondering if any of you put your membership fees through your ltd company? I have a financial adviser mate who thinks it should be ok as long as you can show that you use it to entertain existing or new clients. Considering that my current line manager and project manager are both keen golfers, this shouldn't be a problem. What do you think?

Originally posted by Paco
    I assume we must have some golfers amongst the congregation here, so I was wondering if any of you put your membership fees through your ltd company? I have a financial adviser mate who thinks it should be ok as long as you can show that you use it to entertain existing or new clients. Considering that my current line manager and project manager are both keen golfers, this shouldn't be a problem. What do you think?
    Should be the same as taking them to dinner or a brothel. Is that allowed?

Comment

I claim it, but there again I am in Denmark and you're allowed to claim all sorts of stuff like that. Also it comes off my highest tax rate as well, even better.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I believe that if you get investigated you'll have to prove that it is BENEFICIAL to your company.

I knew a guy whos company sponcered his RACE car. He got investigated, he had to prove that the sponsorhip of the car bought in business.

HTH
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Every time he ran off the road it was blamed on the engine managment computer, traction control etc and he was able to get further work fixing the software.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            I believe that if you get investigated you'll have to prove that it is BENEFICIAL to your company.HTH
            This is very subjective though. By playing golf a couple of times with the managers here, I am getting to know them better and putting myself in an advantageous position in terms of any future work that might come up. You could even argue that if I get extended, the golf club membership has contributed because of this.

I think I'll go for it. I carry tax investigation insurance, so should be in a position to argue my case if the b'stards come knocking.

Comment

Should come under professional membership shouldnt it? Certainly be of more use than membership of PCG?

Plus you obviously use golf as a way of networking with your clients and financial advisors

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X