• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flame on!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame on!

I've just negotiated a great deal on some market leading candles.

Had a few issues with a local rag-and-bone tat shop selling the same products but pulled up the supplier and reminded him which side his bread is buttered so to speak.

As a result, he's given me a great discount on future stock and am able to place orders without any restrictions.

Thought I'd share the good news and cost savings with the fine folks at CUK.

PM me if interested.

P.S. Due to potential of un-authorised reselling, I am un-able to ship to the Hampshire region of the country!

Popcorn anyone?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Popcorn anyone?
      Yes please!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My candle business is really taking off. They cost 20p each to make and I used to sell them on to a local tat shop for 50p. But now I've found some mug down the road who'll pay £7 each - and because I got a mate to write a website saying they should be £7.95 he thinks he's getting a massive discount! WICKtory is mine!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          My candle business is really taking off. They cost 20p each to make and I used to sell them on to a local tat shop for 50p. But now I've found some mug down the road who'll pay £7 each - and because I got a mate to write a website saying they should be £7.95 he thinks he's getting a massive discount! WICKtory is mine!
          You're a right WILLUN!

Comment

I've heard people waxing lyrical about them.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have an upmarket boutique just over the border from Hampshire in upmarket surrey.

I would like to buy some of your upmarket candles. Would £20 each be a good offer?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I've heard people waxing lyrical about them.
                They really are the bee's knees.

Comment

Interesting facts on candles in the wiki, including:

The flicker frequency of a flame is proportional to the square root of the ratio of the acceleration due to gravity to the diameter of the candle...A flickering flame will produce more smoke, therefore a candle should be burned in an area free from drafts
                  And use a big candle. Boomed.

The burning of the fuel takes place in several distinct regions (as evidenced by the various colours that can be seen within the candle's flame). Within the bluer regions, hydrogen is being separated from the fuel and burned to form water vapour. The brighter, yellower part of the flame is the remaining carbon being oxidized to form carbon dioxide
                  Proper wick trimming will prevent soot emissions from most candles (soot inhalation has known health hazards).Nowadays, however, the wick is constructed so that it curves over as it burns, so that the end of the wick protrudes into the hot zone of the flame and is then consumed by fire—a self-trimming wick.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    You're a right WILLUN!
                    Wots one of those?

Comment

Working...
                    X