• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple prepares for iPhone press conference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple prepares for iPhone press conference

Speculation is mounting about what Apple will announce at the press conference it has called at 1800 BST.
    BBC News - Apple prepares for iPhone press conference
    I've heard it called the iPhail 4, but that seems a little harsh.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've heard it called the iPhail 4, but that seems a little harsh.
    Or the Judas phone
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Or the Judas phone
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Loads of live feeds of this available.

At the moment they are saying it's not just the iPhone4 that has an antenna problem

Antennagate -- that doesn't seem like a good thing if you can make the bars go down by touching the phone. Well we first learned that this doesn't just happen to the iPhone. Nokia, Motorola... other phones have this issue. But we didn't trust the videos on YouTube, we started doing our own testing... here's what we discovered.

Comment

So this is how you hold it.

Comment

"So what have we learned? Smartphones have weak spots -- this isn't just the iPhone 4, it's all phones. Next, some really interesting data from AppleCare, we looked at the statistics, we asked what's the percentage of all iPhone 4 users that have called AppleCare about the antenna or reception, or anything near reception problems. Because you would have thought 'Jesus, it must be a lot of users complaining about this' -- So what percentage have called AppleCare? 0.55% Just one half of one percent."
            Okay, I'm bored now. Seems fairly convincing.

Comment

If they sell 10 million of them that's 50,000 complaining customers. Seems like quite a lot to me.

Good spinning though.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Liveblog of the conference from Engadget - if you want to read the whole thing (which starts at the foot of the page, for your convenience) don't turn autorefresh on until you've made it back to the top

Just seeing if hacking the query string to refresh more often than 60s works... apparently not

Comment

Working...
                X