• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks for all you've... ermmm...... errrrr..... ermmmm. done?......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all you've... ermmm...... errrrr..... ermmmm. done?......

Was the comforting words I had from the Head of the outsourcing project I had completed.

Frankly the daft cow didnt have a clue what I had been working on for the last five months, which funnily enough was the same boat I was in.

They changed the spec 5 times and because of the outsource everything I implemented will only last until October (which funny enough is the same amount a time a Supremespod application works for before crashing).

Times past, I've been given a party, been bought a Motor Racing lesson, chockies, afternoon at the pub, a leaving card many times, bubbly, even worst a couple of kind words.

Today was an awkward affair.....

I finished with the parting words 'I feel like Scott Bakula in a rather uninteresting episode of Quantum Leap. Hopefully next weeks episode will be a good one!'

I left to silence.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Good point.

I need a shopping trolley.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Good point.

I need a shopping trolley.
      You will do, you slacker!!
      Next week I am going postal for 7K!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Good point.

I need a clutch bag.
        FTFY
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          You will do, you slacker!!
          Next week I am going postal for 7K!!

I think that would be unfair. I start a new contract next week and will not be able to compete fairly during the day.

I have of course written an automated script though which if I believe that you are going hell bent for it I will schedule on my server and run.

300 posts = 2 every minute. 150 minutes = 2.5 hours automation......

Comment

I think that would be unfair. I start a new contract next week and will not be able to compete fairly during the day.

I have of course written an automated script though which if I believe that you are going hell bent for it I will schedule on my server and run.

300 posts = 2 every minute. 150 minutes = 2.5 hours automation......
            I believe that will flag up an AtW-clone infringement, and result in you having your wedding tackle shorn off with a rusty hacksaw, if I read the small print correctly. Better to just cough up the dosh for the ciders and have done with it!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

having your wedding tackle shorn off with a rusty hacksaw,
              Momento from you recent "tryst"?

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                Momento from you recent "tryst"?
                Again.............in English this time. And try not to type with your mouth full.

Comment

I believe that will flag up an AtW-clone infringement, and result in you having your wedding tackle shorn off with a rusty hacksaw, if I read the small print correctly. Better to just cough up the dosh for the ciders and have done with it!

The tulipebot or AtWbot as I like to call it , is ready. I've scheduled it to produce a new thread every 30 seconds with 10 random links from the Internet called FORMAT(TODAY(),"DDDD")&" LINKS"&FORMAT(TIME,"0OCLOCK")

Comment

The tulipebot or AtWbot as I like to call it , is ready. I've scheduled it to produce a new thread every 30 seconds with 10 random links from the Internet called FORMAT(TODAY(),"DDDD")&" LINKS"&FORMAT(TIME,"0OCLOCK")
                    "My Lunch" or "Numpty's perspective on the Economy" posts?

Comment

Working...
                    X