• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Night of the Proms ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Night of the Proms ...

... now I know it's summer
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

There will be a change of plans for Prom 12 and Prom 17 due to reasons beyond the BBC's control

Comment

Just got back. It was jolly good. Apart from the 2 blokes sat each side of us who managed to outdo the 400-strong choir with their loud breathing skills. Human vuvuzelae they were.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        Just got back. It was jolly good. Apart from the 2 blokes sat each side of us who managed to outdo the 400-strong choir with their loud breathing skills. Human vuvuzelae they were.
        I don't really know Mahler but it was enjoyable (we put it through the sound system). You should have taken your own vuvuzela though The choirs were f'ing amazing.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have got into Mahler in a big way over the past couple of years. Also going to the 3rd Symphony next month (they are doing 3 other symphonies too plus some other stuff but you have to draw the line somewhere.)
          Because of the hectic booking system we ended up with tickets right up in the circle and to one side. As well as the orchestra on the stage and the humungous choirs surrounding it, there was 6 trumpet players on the gallery on the other side blowing straight at us. Unbelievable stuff.
          Going back for Domingo on Sunday & not quite expecting it to measure up to tonight!

Comment

A friend of mine has a box booked for one of the Beethoven nights. It was a birthday present from one of his daughters. I can't stand her; typical public sector fat ugly leftie. I would have loved to have gone along as I am a big fan. I think the box is for 4 or 5. Only two of them will enjoy it (him and daughter no. 2), the others will hate it. Maybe one of 'em will drop out and I'll get a chance to go.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              A friend of mine has a box booked for one of the Beethoven nights. It was a birthday present from one of his daughters.
              Beethoven didn't have any daughters

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                A friend of mine has a box booked for one of the Beethoven nights. It was a birthday present from one of his daughters. I can't stand her; typical public sector fat ugly leftie. I would have loved to have gone along as I am a big fan. I think the box is for 4 or 5. Only two of them will enjoy it (him and daughter no. 2), the others will hate it. Maybe one of 'em will drop out and I'll get a chance to go.
                Having a box at the proms is fun, especialy if you have a few of you and a picnic as some people seem to do.

Though the Albert Hall can be quiet hot and stuffy during high summer.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

I have got into Mahler in a big way over the past couple of years. Also going to the 3rd Symphony next month
                  <basil fawlty>

Racket?! That's Mahler's 3rd racket!

</basil fawlty>
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    <basil fawlty>

Racket?! That's Mahler's 3rd racket!

</basil fawlty>

Brahms'

Comment

Working...