• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Interview Thank You Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Interview Thank You Letter

So many people on the web state that you should always send a thank you letter after you have attended an interview. I have never done this but will always give feedback to the agent. A fellow contractor recently told me that he always sends thank you letters to the interviewer.

I'm curious - do any of you send thank you letters / emails to interviewers?

business must be getting desperate
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
      So many people on the web state that you should always send a thank you letter after you have attended an interview. I have never done this but will always give feedback to the agent. A fellow contractor recently told me that he always sends thank you letters to the interviewer.

I've been known to send a 'Thanks!' letter to interviewers homes made out of words cut from Sundays newspapers, but it's never got me a second interview.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've been known to send a 'Thanks!' letter to interviewers homes made out of words cut from Sundays newspapers, but it's never got me a second interview.
        You should use The Sun instead, it will be cheaper.

Although, there is the possibility that it won't contain all the words that you want, so best carry on as you are.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          business must be getting desperate
          It's common courtesy. That's a bit old fashioned these days, but it's how things should be done.

Comment

After a contract interview it seems a bit ingratiating and creepy, or at least that's what I would think if I were the client. In any case one should communicate via the agency (if going through one).

For a permie interview, it may not be so clear cut. But it could still be misread, for example that you think the interviewers may forget you (indicating a lack of confidence in yourself or in their competence), or you feel you didn't get a chance to present a complete case at the interview (which again is an implicit criticism of you and/or the interviewers).
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't send a thank you letter. At the end of the interview I just thank them for their time and make sure they know I'm interested (even if Im not). It's the polite thing to do.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

WTF!? Whatever next, send a box of chocolates to the agent for securing the interview in the first place?

I thank the agent verbally if they phone me back with feedback. Otherwise, just deal with it.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  It's common courtesy. That's a bit old fashioned these days, but it's how things should be done.
                  In the business world nice people come last, fact, hence hence why my company has not achieved the dizzy heights of Mr Jobs

I would settle for a Mr Dyson level of accomplishment.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    WTF!? Whatever next, send a box of chocolates to the agent for securing the interview in the first place?

I thank the agent verbally if they phone me back with feedback. Otherwise, just deal with it.
                    I did bring a box of Irish chocolates to the agent who got me my current gig. But they did pick me up from the hotel and take me to the interview, also did the same on my first day on client site. Oh and got me + £200 on my last rate.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X