• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In denial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In denial

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone in the previous government said sorry for the deficit yet?

Have any of their leadership contenders conceded that they f***ed up?

Or are they still all ignoring it as an irrelevance?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, has anyone in the previous government said sorry for the deficit yet?

Have any of their leadership contenders conceded that they f***ed up?

Or are they still all ignoring it as an irrelevance?
    No of course not.

They've been taking tips of my partner. Basically when challenged on the massive overspend on her credit card she will justify this by saying 'Look at all the wonderful things you have in the house'.

I of course counter this by saying 'It's no freaking good if the house gets repossessed is it!!!'

She votes Labour, I vote Tory. Go figure.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

More importantly, when will the new lot put B'Liar, snot goblin, et al in nuLieBore on trial for their crimes? The new mob are quietly ignoring the issue too.

I am getting the impression that there is a growing feeling in the markets that the Office of Budget Responsibility (OBR) is not going to cut it. It will not be enough to convince rating agencies and government debt buyers and other investors in the UK that the fiscal position won't get out of hand again.

I think that there will need to be a proper line drawn under the past behaviour of governments and that can only be done by putting them on trial. Unfortunately (in some eyes), they will have to be found guilty otherwise the process will be seen as a whitewash and the problem will remain.

I see that JP Morgan are sabre rattling again over their site in docklands.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        More importantly, when will the new lot put B'Liar, snot goblin, et al in nuLieBore on trial for their crimes? The new mob are quietly ignoring the issue too.

I am getting the impression that there is a growing feeling in the markets that the Office of Budget Responsibility (OBR) is not going to cut it. It will not be enough to convince rating agencies and government debt buyers and other investors in the UK that the fiscal position won't get out of hand again.

I think that there will need to be a proper line drawn under the past behaviour of governments and that can only be done by putting them on trial. Unfortunately (in some eyes), they will have to be found guilty otherwise the process will be seen as a whitewash and the problem will remain.

I see that JP Morgan are sabre rattling again over their site in docklands.
        Nobody is going to try New Labour for war crimes as 1) It will do the UK as a whole no good and cause us loads of complications
        2) It would embarrass our allies such as the US

Comment

War crimes are another issue.

I'm talking about treason through financial mis-management.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Of course not, it was all due to

a) A "global recession"
            b) Essential to overspend to address "years of underinvestment under the Tories"
            c) Neccessary to keep overspending into eternity to "avoid a double dip recession"

Now most of this is just political rhetoric, but there are many, many Labour party members that actually believe this hype and still think that what they did was brilliant.

Comment

No one is going to try them for treason either, because they haven't committed treason.

You get the leaders you deserve. All of this wanting revenge on new labour for simply being those leaders is ridiculous. Give it 10 years and you'll be voting them in again while demanding the current lot are hung, drawn, and made into waffles.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                No one is going to try them for treason either, because they haven't committed treason.

You get the leaders you deserve. All of this wanting revenge on new labour for simply being those leaders is ridiculous. Give it 10 years and you'll be voting them in again while demanding the current lot are hung, drawn, and made into waffles.
                Yes thats a good example of denial. Labour have committed treason.

They are just going to get away with it thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
                  Yes thats a good example of denial. Labour have committed treason.
                  They have overspent a bit. They probably could have done a better job. But that isn't treason. Get a dictionary or google or something and look it up.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hindsight is always 20-20 isn't it? Nobody liked the lot before them, and in ten years time nobody will like the current lot either.

I think the vitriol that is directed at this lot is symptomatic of a deeper malaise in British society TBH. Whatever made Britain great is long gone, the place is falling apart and has been since the 70s or 80s, maybe even longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X